Hi-Point warranty center finds carbine barrel stuffed with 35 bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Points are designed to shoot, feed, extract and when out of ammo beat every living thing in sight to death. They are the Mosin Nagant of the modern world. I bet you could fry an egg on one. Wouldn't be surprised if you could eat the plastic grips and survive for weeks. Wolve, lions and bears run at the very sight of them. :fullauto:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking this , if the barrels didn’t blow out after 35 rounds it’s a well made barrel.

I almost don’t believe it, all squib loads I’ve ever seen blow the barrel all to hell, unless someone had some really bad handloads
Those crazy Germans...

The tests of the USP paralleled the NATO military test protocols of the Mark 23, which are much more stringent than commercial standards. The USP pistols were subjected to test firing in various attitudes and were checked every 1,000 rounds for damaged or broken parts and for accuracy. After each 10,000 rounds, the slide was manually cycled 1,000 times. A bullet was driven into the forcing cone of the USP barrel, a live round chambered and the pistol fired. There was no damage to the pistol and accuracy was unaffected. Another bullet was driven 30mm into the muzzle of the pistol and the pistol fired, again with no damage or degradation in performance. The pistols were dropped onto rubber on all sides and at a 45 degree angle onto the muzzle from a height of four feet with a primed case in the chamber, 13 dummy rounds in the magazine and the safety/decocking lever set in the “fire” position without incident. The pistols were then dropped six times onto a cocked hammer from a height of three and nearly seven feet onto a steel/concrete surface. There were no primer indentations in any of these tests. For ammunition compliance testing, USPs were tested using every type of commercially available ammunition.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=3556

Latest posts

Top Bottom