Hi Power and Galco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New holster today...kinda excited to be able to carry the Hi Power.
Galco Royal Guard looks pretty good, will give it a whirl this weekend.

Attachments

• 20170221_212428.jpg
    20170221_212428.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 200

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks nice. Like many holsters offered by the mass market makers for the BHP, it will also fit the 1911 Commander. Many mass market Commander holsters will likewise fit the BHP. Skip Ritchey (of Ritchey Leather) makes a number of very good BHP specific holsters. Ritchie trained under the late, great, Lou Alessi, and his holsters are first class. Lightning Arms Sports (LAS) offers a number of Skip's holsters on their website, at a premium of course, but without the wait associated with ordering one direct from Skip. Sam Andrews (Andrews Leather) offers the fine McDaniel II IWB for the BHP. It is a wonderful holster as well, but be prepared for a 4-6 week wait if you order one. Kramer Gunleather also offers a number of fine holsters made especially for the BHP. The Cross Breed Super Tuck also carries the BHP very well.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I knew they would "interchange" with the 4" 1911"s and almost used the one grom ky Kimber but decided to have a holster for each so they hopefully form to the specific gun.

Need to get some SD ammo tested and load it up. The only SD 9mm I have is an old box of Black Talons and not sure I want to rely on "old" ammo. Call me paranoid...

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
115gr, and 124gr will work best in 9mm. If you like Blk Talon, try you some Star Fires. BTW Very nice rig, I love packing my HP, as a matter of fact it's going on a trip soon as my carry.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah I knew they would "interchange" with the 4" 1911"s and almost used the one grom ky Kimber but decided to have a holster for each so they hopefully form to the specific gun.

Need to get some SD ammo tested and load it up. The only SD 9mm I have is an old box of Black Talons and not sure I want to rely on "old" ammo. Call me paranoid...

I have been shooting some of my old Black Talon 45s ... Still work as expected.

Like others, for the 9mm I am a fan of Hornady's 115gr Critical Defense round and also of Federal's 124gr HydroShok in both my Gen 4 Glock 19 and my Browning Hi Power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom