Hi Power sack ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After years of indifference toward the Hi Power pistols, I acquired an Israeli surplus, FN Hi Power. Lots of character and mechanically perfect, if not trail worn.

Not finding a lot of diverse offerings for Hi Power belt sacks. Do not want to pay a premium for some "nice" leather, and do not really want a plastic holster. Not a cheapster, nor a spendthrift. Just want a basic sack to carry it in. Inside waist, small of back for CC, and / or a belt slide for semi CC - open carry while out and about in the pasture. Seems a handy pistol with 13 rds when I flush up the odd coyote / hog (it happens, fast and unexpectedly in my part of Pontotoc County).

Any suggestions ?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of price range are you looking for? Little Bear customs does nice leather for $50 or so, we had a member on here that made nice holsters, but can't seem to find it.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$25-$35 is about all I would deem prudent for the use. If I were going to make it a regular carry, I would get a "proper" holster (read: high quality).
You won't get much of a holster for that kind of money, but a holster made for 4" to 4.25" "Commander" style 1911 will work for the BHP. Galco and similar mass production makers often offer the same part number holster for both guns.

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, MM. Several holsters I use are worth (and cost me) several multiples of the budget. This particular use is not "worth" that kind of holster. Hence my term, "sack". I have tried my 1911 El Paso Saddlery rigs with this HP, as well as a Hackathorn and a Safariland comp rig I used to employ when I shot a lot of matches. This particular FN Herstal Hi Power wants to slip about just enough to be annoying.

While not a fan of Kydex, a brother from church makes them commercially. He and I are going to put our heads and hands together and see what we can whump up with his shop. He wants some lathe work done, so I won't feel TOO bad with the cost (as if I really cared to pay him for his trouble). :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom