Hickok45: Taurus GX4 Micro Compact Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long ago was that? There's been many changes at Taurus since then. Are you going to be anti-Marlin even though Ruger owns them now, just because the Freedom Group Remington one did?

It was nine years ago. No I am not, and have ever been anti-marlin, buddy. I was simply stating my experience with Taurus.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, the G3 really surprised me. I'm betting that the G4 will be a solid and affordable shooter. They used to have a pretty bad rep, especially with their semi-autos, but dang if they don't make probably the best poly 22 pistol out there with their TX-22, and it's far from the most expensive. I'd give one of the G4's a try if I come across one at a good price. I was eager to get my hands on the new Ruger, but was let down a little bit once I finally got one in my hands. It just didn't feel 'right' to me.
I looked at one yesterday at Action Arms in Tulsa. $375. If I only had the money!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was nine years ago. No I am not, and have ever been anti-marlin, buddy. I was simply stating my experience with Taurus.
My point is, your experience is outdated. I think you should put your prejudice aside and look at some of the latest offerings from Taurus. You might be pleasantly surprised.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The G2/G3 line has been pretty dang solid..... but I don't think it's gonna replace the king of small 9mms...... the P365 :D

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't buy handguns I wouldn't carry except maybe a .22. There just isn't any room in my gun budget for it.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching the video now. Taurus has come a long way since my issues 15-20 years ago, but this one looks impressive.

I'm mag and leather full for the P365, so it makes no sense for me to switch. I tried that with the Hellcat and went back to the P365, but for a new shooter on a budget, it makes sense.

I think I'd still get a Shield or Plus for long term durability. Taurus will make a killing on it.

Edited to add, using Glock Sights is a big plus. No one has the market for aftermarket stuff cornered like Glock

Last edited:

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my 2cents. I found one at Academy Sports, The clerk was kind enough to let me dry fire one that was in the safe. Fit my hand well, slide reminds me of the 365 and trigger was stiffer than my HellCat. Without putting rounds down range I will say I was impressed. While it won't impact the sale of higher end micro 9s it will give Rugers Max9 a run for the money. It's actually a Taurus semi auto that I might purchase.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Taurus revolvers, had a nice snub nose .357 years ago. Now I have multiple S&W revolvers, but still regreat letting go that Taurus .357 revolver years ago. I don't have experience with Taurus semi autos, but I'll buy any gun, even a Block, if it's the right price. Second, my buddy had a Taurus revolvers malfunction recently, he sent it to them and they flat put replaced it with no questions or payment. Just my opinion and experience though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom