High capacity 1911 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those XCs are WAY overpriced. Don't get me wrong, they are cool and shoot really flat but I picked one up wondering where the 4K went. Lots of guys are getting the P model and getting them ported through a couple of different vendors and they are getting similar results for ~$1500 less.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned a Para Wharthog back in the ‘90’s....It was not a good experience . Double stack ,compact 1911 in 45. Never could get it to run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Para Double stacks in the day were known as jammers. I guess people bought those pound of rounders as to say yours only holds 7rds. and mine holds more. "Neener Neener"!

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And another member is dead wrong on what a "real" 2011 is...
I stand corrected. I shouldn’t have said “2011,” I should’ve just said “double stack 1911.“ If we were talking only about “true 2011s” then we should be talking about STI’s only on this thread, right? But that’s fine. If you want to spend $2k+ on your all-plastic grip “1911-inspired pistol”, it‘s your money, not mine.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a new Rock Island compact 1911 today that was a double stack and held 10. It had an Officers model size frame. Felt really awkward I didn't care for it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you said you didn't want striker fired, but the M&P 45 is reliable, accurate, and has the ergo's of the 1911. It's a double stack 10 round mag in an almost normal 1911 grip size. You could do worse...
The new 10 mm on that frame is the bomb.
Put my first 50 rounds down the pipe today on the 4.6” model. I’m impressed.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I shouldn’t have said “2011,” I should’ve just said “double stack 1911.“ If we were talking only about “true 2011s” then we should be talking about STI’s only on this thread, right? But that’s fine. If you want to spend $2k+ on your all-plastic grip “1911-inspired pistol”, it‘s your money, not mine.
What double stack 1911s have an all polymer frame?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we were talking only about “true 2011s” then we should be talking about STI’s only on this thread, right?

Nope, there are a few other companies that make 2011s. I'm going to help you out here. 2011s are made of three parts, grip, frame, and slide. They are designed like this to employ some modularity. The grip can be polymer or metal. 1911s have a solid piece frame with grip panels.

But that’s fine. If you want to spend $2k+ on your all-plastic grip “1911-inspired pistol”, it‘s your money, not mine.

No need to get all huffy lol.....

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a new Rock Island compact 1911 today that was a double stack and held 10. It had an Officers model size frame. Felt really awkward I didn't care for it.
Personally I cannot see the need for a 10mm or .45 Staccato that costs $3500. or $4500. and weigh a ton fully loaded. I have carried a Stainless Colt LW Commander for close to 50 years and it will still shoot one and a half to two inch groups at 25 yards all day if I do my part. I have to be honest here and say who the h**l needs all those Hi-Cap mags. When 8-9 rounds of .45 is all that's needed if you can hit what you aim at center mass. I always practice aiming center mass and work my way up to head shots and back down to mass again. I also carry two eight round mags on me both loaded with 230 grain JHP's. Heck if you can't drop someone with that much ammo try throwing hand grenades! I also at times carried a Glock 19 and I purchased a Glock 43X that I really like as old age said I needed something light to carry all day if need be. I recently sold my Gen1 Glock 19 ( actually a Second Gen ) as that's when the second Gen 17 and first G19's first arrived on the seen. P.S. Never put down 230 grain hardball ammo. I can tell you stories.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I cannot see the need for a 10mm or .45 Staccato that costs $3500. or $4500. and weigh a ton fully loaded. I have carried a Stainless Colt LW Commander for close to 50 years and it will still shoot one and a half to two inch groups at 25 yards all day if I do my part. I have to be honest here and say who the h**l needs all those Hi-Cap mags. When 8-9 rounds of .45 is all that's needed if you can hit what you aim at center mass. I always practice aiming center mass and work my way up to head shots and back down to mass again. I also carry two eight round mags on me both loaded with 230 grain JHP's. Heck if you can't drop someone with that much ammo try throwing hand grenades! I also at times carried a Glock 19 and I purchased a Glock 43X that I really like as old age said I needed something light to carry all day if need be. I recently sold my Gen1 Glock 19 ( actually a Second Gen ) as that's when the second Gen 17 and first G19's first arrived on the seen. P.S. Never put down 230 grain hardball ammo. I can tell you stories.

They don't make a 10mm or .45 Staccato, all Staccatos are chambered in 9mm currently. Nothing wrong with a LW Colt but Stacattos shoot MUCH flatter than the Colt. They range in price from $1900 to $4200. I speak from owning both.