High Capacity + Small footprint/weight is reality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I typically carry 30 rounds. After those, it’s either run, fistfight or use a stabby thing. Or hope help has come or I can get to a secondary in a vehicle.

And, sadly, many days I cannot carry anything at all since I’m going into colleges, federal institutions and government buildings which are off limits.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not more than 10 needed? From working in an ER I have seen a person who took six .38's to the abdomen, busted down a couple's (the husband shot through the door at him) the door was an antique door, very heavy. Upon entering the criminal beat them both with the revolver so they ended up in the hospital, barely able to call 911. The criminal walked 3 blocks in 20 degree weather and collapsed on another homeowner's porch. After a hospital stay and coma the criminal woke up, pulled the tubes out of him and walked out of the hospital.

Home invasions are usually more that one person. How about being confronted in the parking lot by four men? Got someone amped up on PCP? More than one round may be necessary.

This cop only faced 1 person:

After seeing and hearing many of these stories I think as many rounds as you can carry/conceal effectively makes a lot of sense.

This is a great example. There’s some small time rapper “Yung Baby” that was supposedly shot 35 times, alive to talk about it today. Curtis Jackson III was shot 9 time at point blank range and is still walking and talking. Or Sr. Chief Mike Day, a Navy SEAL that was shot 27 times, with his body armor only taking 11 of those rounds. I’m pretty sure those were rifle rounds too. Guns are effective tools, but human beings can be surprisingly tough and resilient. I think there’s a conversation that everybody has with themselves where they have to decide if they want to have as much on them as they need, or just a loaded gun, or maybe somewhere in between. It’s a risk analysis that differs for everyone.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not more than 10 needed? From working in an ER I have seen a person who took six .38's to the abdomen, busted down a couple's (the husband shot through the door at him) the door was an antique door, very heavy. Upon entering the criminal beat them both with the revolver so they ended up in the hospital, barely able to call 911. The criminal walked 3 blocks in 20 degree weather and collapsed on another homeowner's porch. After a hospital stay and coma the criminal woke up, pulled the tubes out of him and walked out of the hospital.

Home invasions are usually more that one person. How about being confronted in the parking lot by four men? Got someone amped up on PCP? More than one round may be necessary.

This cop only faced 1 person:

After seeing and hearing many of these stories I think as many rounds as you can carry/conceal effectively makes a lot of sense.

There is always an occasional outlier and we all make a choice. Using that argument I could say I need 2 guns in case 1 breaks. I’d be interested to see how quickly some people could get a single round on target, never mind 20.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember way back in the 70's when officers carried revolvers and said the same thing. Six rounds in the pistol and twelve on the belt. I always wondered. What are they going to do when they run out? Run? Give up and hope they don't get shot themselves? I'd rather have too much than not enough.

My how times have changed! Recently, I saw an officer with a Glock 17 in the holster with three extra mags on his belt. Add to that the two 30 round AR mags on his vest.

18 rounds then and 69 now just for the pistol. It could have been more if he had the + extensions on the mags.
Yeah, I did that. Stupid graveyard courage. It was what everyone else did. Dumbest excuse to get killed I have ever heard in my life. I reevaluated my situation and started stashing 50 round boxes in the glovebox and a few hundred more in the trunk. Then I started carrying a full sized 45 and an officer's model in my boot. Magazines are easier to stash and reload with compared to loose rounds in a box.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I did that. Stupid graveyard courage. It was what everyone else did. Dumbest excuse to get killed I have ever heard in my life. I reevaluated my situation and started stashing 50 round boxes in the glovebox and a few hundred more in the trunk. Then I started carrying a full sized 45 and an officer's model in my boot. Magazines are easier to stash and reload with compared to loose rounds in a box.
That was one of my favorite things back when I worked around a lot of OCPD guys, we would be sitting around waiting for the coroner/supervisor/CSI or something to show up, and somebody would pop the trunk on their scout car and start pulling out all kinds of crazy stuff, or the newest pistol they just snagged. It was amazing the arsenals some of those guys would have laying around in the trunk.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
With all due respect boys, the "I don't go to shady places" line just doesn't mean anything in today's world. People are getting shot in retail spaces and grocery stores too. Carry what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but trouble is finding people in random places.

Agreed here. If I had to go somewhere shady, I’d be carrying something more like this:
D7844759-25D0-424E-BD1F-78030580864B.jpeg

My daily is my P365 and I nearly always have the 12rd mag loaded with the 15 on my belt.

I think the discussion here that is getting mixed is:
1. How many rounds are you comfortable carrying as a minimum?
2. What is the likelihood of needing more than 3-5 rounds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom