High-End CZ Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody get to handle or shoot one of the CZ Competition Pistols? I actually got to shoot a few rounds from a Shadow 2 Blue once and it was incredible. Even with my old eyes, I had to bring the target in to make sure all 5 rounds were in that tiny hole. I saw a Tactical Sport Orange once, but didn't really get to talk to the guy as he was packing up to leave. And the CZ Parrot...many of us here probably haven't even heard of it. But then, at a production of only 10 per year...and only 5 of that 10 being imported to the US...who among us will ever? If I still had the eyes, and was gonna drop big bucks (around 2 grand) on a gun just to shoot at the range or in competition, it would probably be a Shadow 2 Orange. Man that pistol makes me drool.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-orange/

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an SP01 Custom Shadow Orange that I won in an online giveaway from Classic Firearms last February. It is an absolute dream to shoot, and one of my two favorite pistols (it switches back and forth).

I was toying with the idea of going to an eat and shoot in Weatherford a few months ago, but you were not able to come so I didn't. It's a pretty good drive anyway. If I make it sometime, or if you know anyplace between you and Tulsa that we could meet and shoot, I'd be glad to bring it.

It is this gun
https://www.classicfirearms.com/con...173009039958549687441119638785491854930990343

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man! What a nice gun! I would love to get a chance to shoot a few rounds through that pistol! That's supposed to be an upgrade from the Blue I think, and the Blue I shot was super nice. We Will have to make it a point to connect at a range my friend, old buddy, old pal!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, it would be a waste of money for me to buy one of those CGW or Custom Shop pistols now, my darn eyes are getting worse by the year, but man...what a nice gun any of them would be. (Trying like crazy to talk myself out of one).

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have an SP01 Custom Shadow Orange that I won in an online giveaway from Classic Firearms last February. It is an absolute dream to shoot, and one of my two favorite pistols (it switches back and forth).

I was toying with the idea of going to an eat and shoot in Weatherford a few months ago, but you were not able to come so I didn't. It's a pretty good drive anyway. If I make it sometime, or if you know anyplace between you and Tulsa that we could meet and shoot, I'd be glad to bring it.

It is this gun
https://www.classicfirearms.com/contest/-win-a-custom-cz-shadow-pistol/?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+https://www.classicfirearms.com/contest/-win-a-custom-cz-shadow-pistol/&utm_content=And+The+Winner+Of+The+CZ+Shadow+Contest+Is...+|+Great+Deals+On+Value+Priced+Handguns.&utm_campaign=2019-01-15_CobraDerringer&_bta_tid=17784240925476413427172220936370521819285985939763296619076173009039958549687441119638785491854930990343
What?! You wouldn’t come shoot with us jus cause Joel wouldn’t be there. He’s an ornery old cuss anyway!

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What?! You wouldn’t come shoot with us jus cause Joel wouldn’t be there. He’s an ornery old cuss anyway!
Well, just cause Joel wasn't going to be there AND it's a 2 1/2 hour drive. But I'd like to make one sometime, even if I have to come to the OKC area. And I'll definitely bring the Shadow if I do.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The parrots come up for sale on Brianenos.com on occasion. The thing to watch with CZ 75 based pistols is the slide stop tends to break here and there.
They feel great in the hand, and shoot really well though. There's a large aftermarket for them as well, and if you decide you don't like it, they're pretty easy to sell.
Also check out Tanfoglio. I used to have the Limited model for USPSA and man that thing shot like a dream. Until I shot it so much that the frame cracked. I've since switched to an STI 2011.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I liked the SP01 Shadow so much that I bought a 75D PCR. Not from CGW or CZ Custom, just an ordinary out of the box. I replaced and polished up the trigger and replaced some springs with CGW parts, and honestly just shooting off hand at 10 to 15 yards I usually shoot it about as well or better than the Shadow. I can't explain that, except as you said they just have such a great grip for me and handle so well. I'm probably just wasting more potential from the Shadow than from the PCR.

I've heard that about the slide stop, haven't experienced it yet but I only have a few hundred rounds through each of them. I've thought about ordering an extra slide stop just in case, so far I just make sure to put a drop of oil on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom