High-End CZ Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_4673.JPG
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0931.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
Anybody get to handle or shoot one of the CZ Competition Pistols? I actually got to shoot a few rounds from a Shadow 2 Blue once and it was incredible. Even with my old eyes, I had to bring the target in to make sure all 5 rounds were in that tiny hole. I saw a Tactical Sport Orange once, but didn't really get to talk to the guy as he was packing up to leave. And the CZ Parrot...many of us here probably haven't even heard of it. But then, at a production of only 10 per year...and only 5 of that 10 being imported to the US...who among us will ever? If I still had the eyes, and was gonna drop big bucks (around 2 grand) on a gun just to shoot at the range or in competition, it would probably be a Shadow 2 Orange. Man that pistol makes me drool.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-orange/

I have a P-07 & P-09 from Cajun which I think you've shot. I bought directly from Cajun years ago and it was cheaper than buying and putting in myself.

I also have a TSO which is not orange anymore because orange sucks. I call it the TSC....Crimson

I think I'm going back to open sights on it.

Yes they are worth every cent. Ned to bring it to a shoot and let you fondle it

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an SP01 Custom Shadow Orange that I won in an online giveaway from Classic Firearms last February. It is an absolute dream to shoot, and one of my two favorite pistols (it switches back and forth).

I was toying with the idea of going to an eat and shoot in Weatherford a few months ago, but you were not able to come so I didn't. It's a pretty good drive anyway. If I make it sometime, or if you know anyplace between you and Tulsa that we could meet and shoot, I'd be glad to bring it.

It is this gun
https://www.classicfirearms.com/contest/-win-a-custom-cz-shadow-pistol/?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+https://www.classicfirearms.com/contest/-win-a-custom-cz-shadow-pistol/&utm_content=And+The+Winner+Of+The+CZ+Shadow+Contest+Is...+|+Great+Deals+On+Value+Priced+Handguns.&utm_campaign=2019-01-15_CobraDerringer&_bta_tid=17784240925476413427172220936370521819285985939763296619076173009039958549687441119638785491854930990343

Oh man! What a nice gun! I would love to get a chance to shoot a few rounds through that pistol! That's supposed to be an upgrade from the Blue I think, and the Blue I shot was super nice. We Will have to make it a point to connect at a range my friend, old buddy, old pal!

I just happen to know someone between the 2 of you who happens to have 25-30 ar plates at different distances and a dueling tree as well..

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a CZ 75B in 40 S&W since around 1999 and that gun has been my absolute favorite gun I have owned before or since. The only custom work done to it is I replace the recoil spring with one from Wolf because it was picky with ammo (was a known issue with the 40 version from that time frame). Since then it has run flawlessly with anything and everything I've fed it. I've put easily 10k rounds through it and I literally trust it with my life as it's my bedside table. Every single person I have let shoot it has loved it.

I have 2 guns that I will never sell. My CZ and the old, worthless single shot shotgun that I was given when my grandpa passed.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody get to handle or shoot one of the CZ Competition Pistols? I actually got to shoot a few rounds from a Shadow 2 Blue once and it was incredible. Even with my old eyes, I had to bring the target in to make sure all 5 rounds were in that tiny hole. I saw a Tactical Sport Orange once, but didn't really get to talk to the guy as he was packing up to leave. And the CZ Parrot...many of us here probably haven't even heard of it. But then, at a production of only 10 per year...and only 5 of that 10 being imported to the US...who among us will ever? If I still had the eyes, and was gonna drop big bucks (around 2 grand) on a gun just to shoot at the range or in competition, it would probably be a Shadow 2 Orange. Man that pistol makes me drool.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-orange/

I’ve had a Tactical Sport Orange for a little over a year. The trigger on it is amazing. The “Orange” models of both the Shadows and Tactical Sports are hand fit and tuned. The TSO filled the gap between the top of the line Czechmate which is made from USPSA open. The TSO was built to compete in Limited, and the Shadow for Production. The Parrot is a more highly customized Czechmate.

I really want a Shadow 2. I drooled over a Shadow 2 Orange in Kansas at a gun shop a month or so ago. Nice.... One of these days.

Mine has an upgraded rear sight and I’ve swapped the grips. But they are about as nice a gun as you can buy out of the box.

99d9521fc5dd573f5084e39a9525ac68.jpg
afac78478345c27275117ed2b9328e47.plist

bbd61917aa3f0cd0f5c376e91b60d86c.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two CZ's are far from high end. I'd like to pick up a Tac Sport someday, but would rather spend that money on a Dan Wesson DWX first though.

hu301Q8h.jpg

The Shadow 2 is nice enough out of the box that I haven't done anything other than swap out the grips. IMO there is a huge difference between a stock Shadow and Shadow 2 if anyone is contemplating buying one over the other. The only knock on the Shadow 2 is it's weight if you want to shoot it competitively in certain divisions. My SP-01 Shadow has had a little work done to it, but really needs a hammer upgrade and some trigger work. I had a CGW Ultralite self defense kit installed, but ended up pulling it since the extended firing pin protrudes from the breach face more than I'd like with the hammer down. I'll be ordering a Ghost hammer and extended firing pin from CZ Custom as soon as I have the chance. I have a new set of palm swell Bogies the same color as the ones on the Shadow 2 coming from Lok this week (same profile as the factory rubber grips). I found that the Shadow 2 cut grips on the SP-01 tend to really let the ambi safety dig into your hand.

This is my CZ grail gun and it is about as high end (at least price wise) as it gets.

LLmXtWth.jpg

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My two CZ's are far from high end. I'd like to pick up a Tac Sport someday, but would rather spend that money on a Dan Wesson DWX first though.

hu301Q8h.jpg

The Shadow 2 is nice enough out of the box that I haven't done anything other than swap out the grips. IMO there is a huge difference between a stock Shadow and Shadow 2 if anyone is contemplating buying one over the other. The only knock on the Shadow 2 is it's weight if you want to shoot it competitively in certain divisions. My SP-01 Shadow has had a little work done to it, but really needs a hammer upgrade and some trigger work. I had a CGW Ultralite self defense kit installed, but ended up pulling it since the extended firing pin protrudes from the breach face more than I'd like with the hammer down. I'll be ordering a Ghost hammer and extended firing pin from CZ Custom as soon as I have the chance. I have a new set of palm swell Bogies the same color as the ones on the Shadow 2 coming from Lok this week (same profile as the factory rubber grips). I found that the Shadow 2 cut grips on the SP-01 tend to really let the ambi safety dig into your hand.

This is my CZ grail gun...

LLmXtWth.jpg
... I really need to drag you to the range so I can shoot those ...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 148041 View attachment 148039 View attachment 148040 View attachment 148038

I have a P-07 & P-09 from Cajun which I think you've shot. I bought directly from Cajun years ago and it was cheaper than buying and putting in myself.

I also have a TSO which is not orange anymore because orange sucks. I call it the TSC....Crimson

I think I'm going back to open sights on it.

Yes they are worth every cent. Ned to bring it to a shoot and let you fondle it

You know I did get to shoot your P-07/09 awhile back as a matter of fact. And I remember you changing that Orange to Crimson too. I’d love to get a chance to pull the trigger on that beauty one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... I really need to drag you to the range so I can shoot those ...

They're nothing magical, just a lot heavier than the pistols that you're used to shooting. In all honesty, I picked up a $300 Tanfoglio Israeli shooting team pistol (one on right in photo below) at a shop down in Lawton that has a better action than than both pistols...lol.

9gDP6khh.jpg

eGXn5N6h.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom