High Velocity (>1200fps) & 40 grain .22LR ammo in Edmond or OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdie,

Academy is completely out as is my nearest Walmart.

Does anyone know where I can get a variety of different .22LR 40 grain, >1200 fps ammo?

My new Buckmark is proving finicky with the cheap stuff and so I want to test out some 40 grain & some higher velocity options.

(10-20% FTEs -- almost makes it but spent cartridge gets crimped in closing slide)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i was in academy the other day and they had bulk cci mini-mags. have never seen cci bulk before. i have had luck with even standard cci working in my most finicky 22's

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe Academy just got a shipment. When I was there on the 23rd (if I recall), they were out of all 22LR.

BTW, I went to the range yesterday and shot only CCI standard velocity -- not a FTE until 150 rounds. I then had a few in one mag and none again until about 200 rounds, where I had 2 more. This leads me to think that it is simply residue build-up. Maybe from now on, I'll bring a brush to the range and give the breach a quick scrub after 100 rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom