Higher BC 22lr ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This would be pretty cool.

highbcrimfire-1.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Powders are so different in their burn rate which is why some are for pistol and some for rifle. Some burn hotter in the cold vs some burning cooler in the cold temps. Blue dot as an example. Shotgun or Pistol powder for magnum loads. WTF or WCF shotgun powder for centerfire pistol. Shot thousands of rounds in competitions with both powders.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Powders are so different in their burn rate which is why some are for pistol and some for rifle. Some burn hotter in the cold vs some burning cooler in the cold temps. Blue dot as an example. Shotgun or Pistol powder for magnum loads. WTF or WCF shotgun powder for centerfire pistol. Shot thousands of rounds in competitions with both powders.
No argument there...

But I'm guessin' none of 'em had a bullet longer than the case.
:drunk2:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that they seat the same, and they’re 32gr solid copper bullets. I know nothing about reloading, but that sounds like things will be similar, no?

https://cuttingedgebullets.com/curx-32gr-22lr-bundle-200ct
Unless that one on the right is hollow (or an alloy?), it's gonna be waay heavier than a standard .22LR bullet.

Ah, they're solid copper I see.

FWIW, I don't reload either (I don't reckon anyone here reloads rimfire).
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom