Hirtenberger Surplus Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I am thinking of buying 960 rounds from SG Ammo to shoot in my Century FAL clone and my PTR-91. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me. Thanks.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hirtenberger is good stuff. I have used that, Aussie, South African, Portuguese, and Indian. The Indian surplus has a bad reputation, but even so, I have had good luck with it. I have some of the German stuff from the 1990's but have yet to shoot any of it.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone over at the FALfiles as well as m14 forums talk well of it and consider it some of the most sought after 7.62 nato...I did a bunch of random ammo research when I started buying FALs. Please correct me if im wrong but the newer stuff should be boxer primed while the older is berdan.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Save some back for defense use. Hirtenberger is hot and the bullet will break in two at the cannelure on impact, so it has great terminal performance for a FMJ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom