Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can not like Monty Python. I have been told that some autistic traits can keep an otherwise intelligent person from "getting" some humor. (I'm being serious)
A lot of their stuff is hilarious, but some of it is just gross (Mr. Creosote, f’rinstance).

I saw a reunion show they did about 20 years ago. All of the surviving cast members were there, with an urn full of “cremains” for Graham Chapman. The urn sat on a coffee table until somebody “accidentally” knocked it over and somebody grabbed a Dustbuster and vacuumed “him” up. Personally, I found that hilarious, but I could see why some might not.

FWIW, I saw an interview with John Cleese last night, and it sounds like they’re going to be doing new episodes of Farty Towels, err, Fatty Owls, err, Fawlty Towers. He said there looking for an outlet, but it won’t be on the BBC because they’re to woke to give him the kind of free hand they had with Monty Python.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of their stuff is hilarious, but some of it is just gross (Mr. Creosote, f’rinstance).

I saw a reunion show they did about 20 years ago. All of the surviving cast members were there, with an urn full of “cremains” for Graham Chapman. The urn sat on a coffee table until somebody “accidentally” knocked it over and somebody grabbed a Dustbuster and vacuumed “him” up. Personally, I found that hilarious, but I could see why some might not.

FWIW, I saw an interview with John Cleese last night, and it sounds like they’re going to be doing new episodes of Farty Towels, err, Fatty Owls, err, Fawlty Towers. He said there looking for an outlet, but it won’t be on the BBC because they’re to woke to give him the kind of free hand they had with Monty Python.
I saw that reunion show, laughed my butt off.

Ironic thing is Cleese is a liberal. All those guys would be left-wingers by Okie standards, yet he's at least honest about his position.

Funniest thing he's said lately is "oppression is a bit competitive, isn't it?"

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always liked Monty Python, both the tv show and the movies.

That being said, I read HHG a few decades ago. I didn't think it was all that special, and really saw no humor at all in it.

One of my sisters thought it the funniest thing she had ever read.

Different strokes, I suppose.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, I’m a big fan of the books. I haven’t read them in a long time though. I may not find them as amusing today, but back then my friends and I all shared the paperbacks.

Of course, my friends were mostly dorks…
Same here, but I'm planning to take the hobby back up when I retire. I just have to read too many things these days for work. Last thing I want to do when I get home is read something else.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'm going thru books trying to find new material to read.

I've had this downloaded for a long time.
I've heard over and over about how amazing the book is.
"Everyone says..." it's a great book.

Please tell me it gets better.

I'm about 1/2 through and I am forcing myself to read it.
There has only been one other book that I have had to force myself to read to see what the fuss was about and that was The Turner Diaries.

I usually like the Post Apocalyptic/TEOTWAWKI stuff.
Been through most of the major title in the genre (I think) and always looking for something else to read.
Try Lucifer’s Hammer and The Deathlands Series.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that reunion show, laughed my butt off.

Ironic thing is Cleese is a liberal. All those guys would be left-wingers by Okie standards, yet he's at least honest about his position.

Funniest thing he's said lately is "oppression is a bit competitive, isn't it?"
I mean he was dressing like a woman before it was cool

1678746856885.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom