HK USC Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone own or have any experience with the HK USC Carbine? Been thinking about getting one just because it is different and shoots 45 ACP. I know the drawback is the 10 round mags but 25 round pro mags are available.
Thanks.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one but, I haven't shot it much. I would like to have it modified to take double stack mags. I hate to ruin the value of it but, I'm tempted to thread the barrel. I'm kinda into H&K. I've got 5 pistols and a SL8 rifle.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one way back around 2001. I shot it quite a bit but sold it to my business partner. He kept it until he died a few years ago as far as I know. He rarely shot it. I don't know why he bought it from me.

I didn't care for it, to be honest. The gun worked perfectly, all the time. The mags, in addition to the limited capacity, were kind of a pain in the butt to load and would occasionally not feed the last round (or last two rounds, on rare occasions). The trigger just sucked and it was heavy...probably 10 lbs or more. And it had this weird mushy feeling after the sear released and the gun fired. Also hated the skeleton-type stock. I thought it looked and felt cheap and it was difficult to get my eye low enough to get a good sight picture. I don't know if HK has changed anything on the USC in those years...but I just didn't care for the early gun. And, of course, being HK, customer service sucked...worst in the industry at the time. For the longest time HK had a REALLY bad reputation as treating customers as if they didn't need their business. Extras for the gun were really pricey, too. I always thought it had a lot of recoil for a .45 carbine. Of course it wasn't like a rifle...just seemed like a lot relative to what it was. It was a quirky gun.

Just my experience and opinion.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one way back around 2001. I shot it quite a bit but sold it to my business partner. He kept it until he died a few years ago as far as I know. He rarely shot it. I don't know why he bought it from me.

I didn't care for it, to be honest. The gun worked perfectly, all the time. The mags, in addition to the limited capacity, were kind of a pain in the butt to load and would occasionally not feed the last round (or last two rounds, on rare occasions). The trigger just sucked and it was heavy...probably 10 lbs or more. And it had this weird mushy feeling after the sear released and the gun fired. Also hated the skeleton-type stock. I thought it looked and felt cheap and it was difficult to get my eye low enough to get a good sight picture. I don't know if HK has changed anything on the USC in those years...but I just didn't care for the early gun. And, of course, being HK, customer service sucked...worst in the industry at the time. For the longest time HK had a REALLY bad reputation as treating customers as if they didn't need their business. Extras for the gun were really pricey, too. I always thought it had a lot of recoil for a .45 carbine. Of course it wasn't like a rifle...just seemed like a lot relative to what it was. It was a quirky gun.

Just my experience and opinion.
Very good info. Appreciate it very much. Was looking at it as an expensive novelty to have. Thanks again.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the longest time it was my unicorn gun. When they imported another batch I finally got one. Had it about a month and sold it. Things have changed so much that unless you want to keep it single stack, it’s more cost and time efficient to just buy one already “converted” to double stack UMP. I also had nothing but issues with Hkparts.net so that didn’t help things. You may wanna look into USC alternatives like the Omega Gideon too, they’re half the price of a UMP and have good reviews.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can have it converted to a UMP clone but it's not cheap. When we're taking work, our labor charge is $250 to convert a black one and $300 for grey. You'd also need a UMP lower, stock, stock adapter, and some US made parts. Expect to have at least $1500 into it but you'll have a really cool gun when it's all over.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/03/28/coverting-an-hk-usc-to-a-ump/

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out LWRC SMG .45. Uses UMP 25rd mags.
Yeah but good luck finding one... and they had some teething problems. Putting it into perspective, my shop is in the top 5% of dealers in the country by volume and we had 2 of them come through total in 2019 and none since. It really has/had potential but it's just not out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom