Hobbies/collections you kinda stumbled into unexpectedly...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man, I recently got into serial killers. Not sure why to be honest, just started listening to Last Podcast On The Left and got hooked. Got any pictures of the serial killer autographs?
Here is James Earl Ray; Lee Boyd Malvo art of his view of his reflection in the jail cell off the TV screen, Sirhan Sirhan signing his mugshot, Ted K the Unabomber and Wayne Williams (the Atlanta Child Murder or Green River Killer). The Sirhan Sirhan piece is pretty famous as it's the first his on most google searches for his signature. I have the original. The the Ted K signature is probably the most rare piece I have. Him and BTK are very difficult to obtain.

Attachments

• SKJER1.jpg
    SKJER1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SKLBM1.jpg
    SKLBM1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SKSH1.jpg
    SKSH1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SKTK1.jpg
    SKTK1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SKWW1.jpg
    SKWW1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I've got several small collections of "things".
Militaria- Unit mugs/cups/steins and Zippo lighters, most from ships or units I was in but a couple ate from dad's time in the Air Force.

Old/antique tools- hand planes, saws, miscellaneous hand tools. Most have been passed down from relatives. My oldest hand plane dates to the late 19th century and was my grandfather's. I've got several of his old carpenter tools.

Most of the stuff like that that I've accumulated have some family connection.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have an officers ward room ash tray made from a 5 inch shell that belonged to the USS Pueblo, Google that one.
I don't have to Goggle it. It was the ship seized by, I think it was, Chile in the '60s. I think the shipper was Commander Buether (not sure on spelling). How close am I?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it looks like I’m on a type 1 gold coin kick(1839 to 1866), trying to build a year set from at least 1841 to 1857 currently. This one arrived today, 1843 O (New Orleans). About 325 known to exist. I was surprised it came up for sale.

The only bad thing about this hobby I get to fondle it a day and take pictures, then to the safety deposit box😢. I get visitation every now and again. Saving them for the kids so they can sell them😳

View attachment 297043

View attachment 297044

Nice! A good friend of my dad had a 1879 coil-haired Stella ($4) that was worth six figures at the time. I was probably 12 or 13, and he didn’t tell me its value until I had held it in its case for a minute. I very carefully handed it back to him.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I collect too many things. I collect toy Land Rovers, Range Rovers, Fiats, and Jaguars. I also collect about anything Pink Floyd. Right now, I'm trying to collect all 209 volumes of the Automobile Quarterly. I used to collect old ammo but, I quit that and would like to sell what I have. I guess I also collect tools. I'm buying them almost daily.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I collect cartridges.

One day while at C&J Sporting Goods in Bethany I saw an old cigar box with a bunch of random cartridges in it so I decided that I was going to start collecting them and offered like $20 for the lot. After that, a bunch of folks from here hooked me up with a ton more. I've bought some online and at the gun show to add to it. Now I have 212 different cartridges and one day I'm going to make a display case for them.

I also like to joke that my wife collects children. We have 1 bio, 3 adopted, 4 fosters, and will most likely adopt a sibling group of 8 next year after the legal dust settles.

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom