Hog Hunters Needed, ... I have a Hog Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot them all,...they will not come back. Trapping them moving them some place else just gives someone else my problem.
With all due respect, ya couldn't have mistaken anything I said as suggesting catch and release.

Now that has been said, if ya have a dozen or more, I would put money on that a couple hunters won't kill all of em by shooting them.

Now I know many may think I don't know what I am talking about, and that is fine. Several here on OSA know otherwise.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You will have plenty of people that want to come hunt hogs but trapping the entire group, preferably all at once, is the only way to really get rid of them.

Hogs are very smart and if they are not taken out properly you will just educate them on how to avoid being caught or killed. They may move along temporarily only to eventually come back when the pressure is off.

If you want to have hogs around to hunt and don't mind the damage they do, then inviting others to come and help you thin them out from time to time will make you very popular. :)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have setup my trap and just 6 days later dropped the gate on the entire sounder. I am also equipped with scopes to see in the dark to take out the lone boars that can be trap shy. Here are a couple pics that are just 2 nights worth. Total is 52. (I dropped a big boar about 50 yards from the trap as Okie4570 triggered my trap gate. We hadn't loaded it yet hence the picture only says 30.) I have built a cellular triggered gate and can drop the gate in 10-15 seconds once I decide its time.
Snapchat-1900955393.jpg
Snapchat-1520704981.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahomabassin, now I understand....trap and kill them all ....shooting a few will not solve this would you be interested ?

Are you up for a hunt? .....Try to PM you seems I cannot.

OK,...I need to trap and kill them.

Need to change to a..... Trap and Kill. ...

Anyone ?......

Latest posts

Top Bottom