Hog Hunters Needed, ... I have a Hog Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish there was a way to donate the carcasses to people in need. Of course I can always take it to a butcher and then find someone to give the meat to but I live paycheck to paycheck myself and cant even afford to have my own deer done. But it would be nice if there was a state program that would reimburse the facilities for food for the needy.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish there was a way to donate the carcasses to people in need. Of course I can always take it to a butcher and then find someone to give the meat to but I live paycheck to paycheck myself and cant even afford to have my own deer done. But it would be nice if there was a state program that would reimburse the facilities for food for the needy.

Oklahoma has a program for deer meat but not finding one for hog but Texas does have one for hogs so it's possible you could contact them before hand if you will have a large load and can make arrangements when close to the state line.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah but i rarely have more than a couple at a time and the new laws keep me from being able to keep them alive in a pen untill im ready to do something with them. And my old truck gets around 7mpg so thats not really an option.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dont know that id have time for a " truckload", but if you get a couple, and are anywhere close to me i'd come get them for butcher.. hot weather or not the one we killed last week tasted fine..

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im 91 miles to Choctaw. Quite a trip. I can set a trap any time but just cant promise when or how many i can get. When its cooler they will keep for a few days easy but not right now. With the new laws im not even allowed to temporarily move them to a pen. They have to stay in the trap untill they are dead.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have driven half way to meet people who seemed to honestly need the meat. During November I drove a little further to meet someone who really needed the meat. They told me they were going to be driving a Buick, I offered to just go ahead and deliver it so they didn't bloody up the car. They said it would be ok, the man has been working out of the car since the truck was broke down.

A few years back one of the members here asked for a hog or two, and I offered to meet half way. "That is to far!" I believe it would have been about a 70 mile round trip. A few months down the road I posted a pic with a truck load of pigs and the member posted about how it was a shame for all of the meat to be wasted and I should try harder to make sure it wasn't. A few links to our previous correspondence put the member in his/her place.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive donated quite a bit locally but would love to do more. A lot of people treat me like a pos for killing them and leaving them lay but wont put any effort into getting it or even gutting it. Most people want them packaged and delivered. The really needy ones are just happy for the help. Those are the ones i want to help and will put a little extra in to help them through.

Latest posts

Top Bottom