Hog Hunters Needed, ... I have a Hog Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have driven half way to meet people who seemed to honestly need the meat. During November I drove a little further to meet someone who really needed the meat. They told me they were going to be driving a Buick, I offered to just go ahead and deliver it so they didn't bloody up the car. They said it would be ok, the man has been working out of the car since the truck was broke down.

A few years back one of the members here asked for a hog or two, and I offered to meet half way. "That is to far!" I believe it would have been about a 70 mile round trip. A few months down the road I posted a pic with a truck load of pigs and the member posted about how it was a shame for all of the meat to be wasted and I should try harder to make sure it wasn't. A few links to our previous correspondence put the member in his/her place.

I will never forget that. Some people would ***** if you hung them with a new rope.

I don't recall which charitable organization it was that decided to change their policy but a few years back instead of taking clean, gently used coats for kids they wanted new coats with the tags still on them. Seems they had donations drop off sharply. Huh. Imagine that. I noticed this last winter they are back to taking gently used, clean coats again. Funny about how KIDS in need don't really care if the store tags are on a coat nearly as much a MOM OR DAD (so they can return it for cash) does.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an interesting idea if we can setup some where to do it.

Anyway get a couple BIG smokers as well as a pit dug and bring in a few hogs. Run a few on a smoker and do a pit roast as well. Might be just the ticket for a get together and who knows we may be able to turn it into something that can help the people who could use a nice warm meal when it starts to get a little cooler out. Might have to plan to have a trap hold a few for a day or two or have them field stripped and chilled but could be interesting. We may even be able to put a spin on it to put some people who otherwise may be on the fence to lean to the 2A side a bit as well as raise awareness about the hog problem in the state as well as the rest of the country.

I can do a lot of contacting and put together a site no problem but there is no way I can handle everything alone. But if there is enough interest and we can get a sponsor or two this could turn into something we can do yearly. I would actually suggest January sometime since there is often a lot of people doing projects in November and December with the holiday's. Anyway if there is enough interest I will start setting a few things up.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve quit trying to give any wild meat away locally. Every time I do, people practically want me to cook it and feed it to them. My Grandfather always had the same problem with garden produce...:censored: ingrates...

I get the same thing with fresh eggs. Tell people if they will bring me back fhe carton i will give them another dozen eggs. Know whar i get? All kinds of comments about how much better my eggs are than store bought eggs. Does anyone ever return an egg carton? Nope. Not a single, solitary person. Some have even tried to guilt me into more eggs. You can only imagine how well that goes over. There are takers and there are givers. I'm a nice chick but I'm done being everybody's Mom. If i offer to do something nice for you it'd be wise to not try to take advantage of me because i don't HAVE to be nice to anybody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom