hog hunting with a suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,... here is a response back from my cousin who is a GW in Western OK...

Feral Hogs are not considered wildlife. As long as you can legally own a suppressor, you should be ok, although he highly recommends contacting the DoW official in your intended hunting area to verify. He said some wardens may look at feral hogs as being non domesticated and therefore game, which could change your outlook, but if he were judging it... feral hog is not protected under Title 29. He was also quick to tell me his opinion cannot protect me in court, for what its worth.

As for coyotes and prairie dogs,... they are protected under Title 29 but the restriction of "normally sought after by sportsmen" may exclude them from being considered game. He states the fact its a title 29 animal, he wouldnt recommend it.

OkieTac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,... here is a response back from my cousin who is a GW in Western OK...

Feral Hogs are not considered wildlife. As long as you can legally own a suppressor, you should be ok, although he highly recommends contacting the DoW official in your intended hunting area to verify. He said some wardens may look at feral hogs as being non domesticated and therefore game, which could change your outlook, but if he were judging it... feral hog is not protected under Title 29. He was also quick to tell me his opinion cannot protect me in court, for what its worth.

This is my understanding, as well. You can also get a permit from the local GW to use night vision / thermal on feral hogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom