Hog Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about giving it a try. There aren't any around here so that means I'll have to do some traveling. Where are some good places in Oklahoma?

Also ran across this anatomical target of a hog and thought it might be useful to a few of you.

res.cloudinary.com_yaffa_publishing_image_fetch_v1438309115_ht5ff2ae05a58e566e8c1416fdc6e13550.jpg

Are the private hog-hunting preserves worth considering?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about giving it a try. There aren't any around here so that means I'll have to do some traveling. Where are some good places in Oklahoma?

Also ran across this anatomical target of a hog and thought it might be useful to a few of you.

res.cloudinary.com_yaffa_publishing_image_fetch_v1438309115_ht5ff2ae05a58e566e8c1416fdc6e13550.jpg

Are the private hog-hunting preserves worth considering?

I went to Chain Ranch quite some time back, but didn't shoot one just because I turned down shots (they were too small if I was gonna' be paying for it!). Others in our party did shoot hogs. I know Chain has changed a lot since then, including how they do their hog hunts (assuming they still do them). I wouldn't go back without doing a lot of checking into it first. Then, several years ago, I went with some co-workers down to No Mercy (near Gracemont, I think?). I DID shoot a decent hog there. I would not rule out any of the 'commercial' properties, but I would check them out as thoroughly as possible before I committed.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Don.

BTW, I'm going down to Enid to see the audiologist on the 14th. How about a meet?
I went to Chain Ranch quite some time back, but didn't shoot one just because I turned down shots (they were too small if I was gonna' be paying for it!). Others in our party did shoot hogs. I know Chain has changed a lot since then, including how they do their hog hunts (assuming they still do them). I wouldn't go back without doing a lot of checking into it first. Then, several years ago, I went with some co-workers down to No Mercy (near Gracemont, I think?). I DID shoot a decent hog there. I would not rule out any of the 'commercial' properties, but I would check them out as thoroughly as possible before I committed.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is No Mercy still $200? I haven’t checked in a couple years.

Looks like one day and one hog is now $275.

1 Day High Fenced Hog Hunt 1 day of hunting, 1 hog (any size) $275
2 Day 2 Hog High Fenced Hunt with lodging 2 days of hunting, 2 nights of lodging,
2 hogs (any size) $550
3 Evening/Night Fair Chase Hog, 1 hog in high fence, No lodging 3 evenings/nights of hunting, unlimited hogs free range, 1 hog in high fence included $630
3 Evening/Night Fair Chase Hog, 1 hog in high fence, hunt with 3 nights lodging 3 evenings/nights of hunting, 3 nights of lodging,
unlimited hogs free range, 1 hog in high fence included $700
2 Day Pure Russian Boar Hunt 2 days of hunting, 2 nights of lodging, 1 Trophy Pure Russian Boar $1200
Night Vision Hog Hunt 2 Nights of hunting, 2 nights of lodging, 2 hogs per hunter $650

Latest posts

Top Bottom