Hog Trapping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wild pigs are good eating. Sows are good at any size, boars are only good when they are less then 150 lbs or before they become sexually mature. Once they get the piss smell in the boars feed them to the coyotes, as the meat will taste like it smells. I've eaten wild sows over 250lbs that we're good to go.
Most Boars end up as scavenger food. Just my two cents..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt! Quite a few years back, I hunted hogs a lot. Almost every weekend. I killed a small boar (70 lbs) a day before I had family coming for a visit. Thinking he was a good eating size, I decided to cook him in a pit I had in the back yard. Cleaned, prepped, lots of veggies, etc, then in the pit he went. Everyone arrived at lunchtime on Saturday and I was ready to treat them to roast pig. I opened the pit up and the smell about knocked me over. He was one of the most rancid pigs I ever took. Never dreamed that would be the case since he was only 70 lbs. So... the family got treated to pizza instead.

To tell you how bad this pig was; I had a wolf hybrid at the time. 160lb dog that would eat me out of house and home. I threw one of the hams into the yard with him and he wouldn't touch it. The ham sat out there for 3 days and he never took a bite of it.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pigs will eat anything, even other dead pigs.
I firmly believe their smell and taste has more to do with their diet than sex and size.
A friend of mine builds Root Hogs for equipment such as small tractors and skid steers if you decide you may need something like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom