Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to try out the new thermal for the first time last night and my initial impression is, I love it! lol. I think with the atn xsight 4k pro and the predator tactics ir light I can see and identify animals at longer ranges, but that whole set up probably weighs twice, if not three times, as much as this thermal. I definitely prefer the lighter weight!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You gonna have to get quiet!
I try! It's kinda hard when you are walking through the woods in the pitch black darkness with no moon light! lol. Also, I just took out this beast about an hour ago. Has some pretty nice cutters. I'll have to take the head off this one and clean it up. I'll probably have the video of it later this week or early next week.

Edit: weighed it this morning, 254 pounds. The biggest hog I've shot so far.

20221227_192505.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try! It's kinda hard when you are walking through the woods in the pitch black darkness with no moon light! lol. Also, I just took out this beast about an hour ago. Has some pretty nice cutters. I'll have to take the head off this one and clean it up. I'll probably have the video of it later this week or early next week.

Edit: weighed it this morning, 254 pounds. The biggest hog I've shot so far.

View attachment 333242

I was meaning Suppressed !!!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to try out the new thermal for the first time last night and my initial impression is, I love it! lol. I think with the atn xsight 4k pro and the predator tactics ir light I can see and identify animals at longer ranges, but that whole set up probably weighs twice, if not three times, as much as this thermal. I definitely prefer the lighter weight!

Very nice . . . . and I could feel your frustration about running out of ammo.

Did you jump through all of the Wildlife Department hoops that come with hunting hogs at night? My brother and I have thought about doing so and I was just curious about the process.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice . . . . and I could feel your frustration about running out of ammo.

Did you jump through all of the Wildlife Department hoops that come with hunting hogs at night? My brother and I have thought about doing so and I was just curious about the process.

It requires written landowner permission, and registering it with the ODWC on their site. Once you get the hang of it, it takes about 5 minutes per property.

I actually have pre-printed slips of paper with my info, that all the landowners have to do is print and sign their name.

Then, you just need to text your local warden when you'll be out. I've developed a good rapport with our wardens in my area. I literally get the "good luck" response from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom