Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was all excited then read this.
Dang you guys and your cell phones.

I'm sure you can call them and work something out in regards to contacting them.

I also sent mine a photo of my truck, just so that I wouldn't get mistaken for a poacher if they saw it out on a call or by chance.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It requires written landowner permission, and registering it with the ODWC on their site. Once you get the hang of it, it takes about 5 minutes per property.

I actually have pre-printed slips of paper with my info, that all the landowners have to do is print and sign their name.

Then, you just need to text your local warden when you'll be out. I've developed a good rapport with our wardens in my area. I literally get the "good luck" response from them.
My brother would be the landowner in our case . . . .

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother would be the landowner in our case . . . .

That's fine, but I still wouldn't risk the fine and/or loss of equipment over a technicality with the ODWC. If anything, I'd still give them the heads up before heading out for the night. It greatly reduces the chances of a confrontation with flashing lights and the half hour spent verifying everything.

In my case I hunt about 10 properties, and I can't afford to donate $7K worth of equipment to the ODWC...so I play it exactly by the rules.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hogs must be crazy where your at to get few every night, nice rifles
It may look that way from the videos, but you don't see the 10 or 15 hunts in between where I went out and never seen a darn thing. lol
Did you jump through all of the Wildlife Department hoops that come with hunting hogs at night? My brother and I have thought about doing so and I was just curious about the process.
It's really not that bad, pretty simple process.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a 10 sec video of pigs on my property this week. This is only 1/2 of the group as there were 2-10 sec videos back to back (about 25-30 total). The problem I have is that they are not predictable. I see them about once a week in one spot or another on my 80 acres. Quite a bit of rooting in places. But even putting out deer corn does not bring them back consistently where I can thin them out a bit. Any suggestions?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a 10 sec video of pigs on my property this week. This is only 1/2 of the group as there were 2-10 sec videos back to back (about 25-30 total). The problem I have is that they are not predictable. I see them about once a week in one spot or another on my 80 acres. Quite a bit of rooting in places. But even putting out deer corn does not bring them back consistently where I can thin them out a bit. Any suggestions?

You may need to trap them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom