Hogs and stuff...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is impressive! Imagine the splatter looking through a thermal.
I've been thinking about how I can make that happen for a while now. I may put my green light back out on the feeder and then mount the thermal on a tripod, like I did before with the night vision. Then I can take the shot with the 50 while getting video with the thermal on the tripod. The splatter will probably look like one of those ac130 videos wiping out the taliban. lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone using a 243 for hogs? If so what bullets are you using? I've been using 85 gr partitions because I bought some really cheap at an auction and rifle shoots them really well but I'm about out. Went to order some more and nosler must have started plating them w gold. This slow twist barrel won't shoot anything heavier . shoots 80 gr berger flat base the best but just my luck their discontinued.
Barnes solid copper is what I’d suggest.
Every Barnes I’ve ever recovered which is few, retains 95% or better of its original weight. That’s important for deep penetration.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t had pig problems here in east TX in three or four years, but I drove up on a group a few weeks ago at my back fence and am now finding roots in my back pasture. They’re also rooting in my neighbor’s hay meadow, so we set up my trap where they’re crossing the creek on the back side of his place. He just texted me that there wasn’t any visitors last night. I’m sure hoping this isn’t the start of a trend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom