Hold on to your Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every day I see posts asking what price you should sell ammo for or people wondering if they should sell to make a few bucks. If someone is on the fence, I would suggest you just hold on to what you have, I don't see the days where I could go to Academy and easily pick up whatever was on sale like $8 boxes of 9mm coming back soon.

I see the current ammo environment going on for quite some time. There are worst case scenarios we can all dread, but it is very reasonable to at least think supply issues causing shortages, new laws to limit online sales, retailers stop carrying ammo or certain calibers (like Walmart or Dicks...) could happen. Even if there were no laws and COVID was over, then there is still going to be a rush for years for everyone to build up a stockpile of ammo so they are prepared for next time. Even those that don't stockpile will be buying a ton of ammo just because they haven't had the chance to shoot for quite some time because of COVID or prices. All of that demand is going to keep prices elevated.

I reload and see the same issue with reloading. Even when everything goes back to normal how many new people are going to look to get into reloading so they don't have to go through this again as well as the existing reloaders that need to stock up on supplies. Really need to hope nothing happens to online sales of reloading supplies either, outside of Gene Sears in El Reno I don't know of many good reloading supply shops, and they couldn't handle the influx of having to supply every reloader who now can't buy items online.

Obviously I try to help follow members out. If I have plenty of a caliber and someone is in need for hunting or defense I will trade or sell them a box. I just know I am not giving up my ammo to make a few dollars.

Last edited:

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is what my husband and myself been saying since spring...China Flu broke the supply chain on raw materials (lead), add in low store / factory stocks at the time and here we are....Everyone and their dog looking for ammo.

Should have bought cheap and stocked it deep as they say.

Plus the police dept. will be putting in big orders...they might not get unless they get from military.

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to long ago we went through a mini version of this with 22lr being practically impossible to find and when it did hit the shelves it disappeared almost instantly. It actually took ‘years’ for the supply to catch up.
This with a caliber the military/law enforcement didn’t have first picks on.
If I owned any guns or ammo I wouldn’t be selling either unless I didn’t have the other.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for 100gr Winchester .243 for over 2 months in Ponca City. You can’t find it here. I’m going to OKC next weekend. I’ll scour the city there. Wish me luck.
Good luck, Okc has a lot of shops I am sure you can find some somewhere just don't know for what price. I don’t shoot .243 or I would help you out.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They closed but the hardware store in piedmont carried ammo, I had a flashback to my youth when I saw it. It is a dispensary now of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom