Hold on to your Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got really lucky last week and picked up 3 boxes of WWB 62 grain 5.56 at Academy at normal pricing. I went in for Coleman fuel and was shocked to see they had a little ammo.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

STARTING ....???
We won't see a damn thing for years .... and that's only IF maybe an equal to Trump runs, and wins next time around. Cross yer fingers ....toes, and whatever else you have to cross.
I can't believe some are still out there wasting their ammo for 'plinkin' empty beer cans.
Some still just don't get it, and if their interests are that limited, they're in for a big surprise if all they care about is a bit of casual plinking.
One more thing .... anybody thinks that can "reload" themselves out of this shortage, is
kidding themselves. Components will disappear very shortly after all the 'ready-rolled' stuff is long gone.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm set for ammo but will drop some coin if i see a deal that is decent. I'm a firm believer in acquiring enough ammo for myself as well as to make sure i have more than enough that i cna give a bunch to my son when he graduates college and gets his own home and family. I want to be sure to set him up well with .22LR, 9mm and 556/223 at the minimum. I did buy about 300 rounds each of calibers my hunting rifles are chambered in; 243, 30-06 and 7m-08. Need to get a bunch of 7mm Mag for the rifle my FIL gave me. Was glad I did that 5-8 years ago.

With the election turing out the way it is I'm really glad i dropped the coin on the two AR 15 uppers i got the last couple months. Feel that was one of the better purchased i made in awhile.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the writing on the wall after sandy hook. Kept preaching buy it now and stack it deep.
I see some ads now where gun ranges are willing to pay market prices for ammo to supply to their customers.
I'm wondering how much the markup is going to be on that?
This shortage doesn't concern me at all personally.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the writing on the wall after sandy hook. Kept preaching buy it now and stack it deep.
I see some ads now where gun ranges are willing to pay market prices for ammo to supply to their customers.
I'm wondering how much the markup is going to be on that?
This shortage doesn't concern me at all personally.

This ^^^. I stocked-up on factory ammo when prices were cheap. I’m currently shooting and reloading ammo with components that I bought when cheap. Planning ahead is critical.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm set for ammo but will drop some coin if i see a deal that is decent. I'm a firm believer in acquiring enough ammo for myself as well as to make sure i have more than enough that i cna give a bunch to my son when he graduates college and gets his own home and family. I want to be sure to set him up well with .22LR, 9mm and 556/223 at the minimum. I did buy about 300 rounds each of calibers my hunting rifles are chambered in; 243, 30-06 and 7m-08. Need to get a bunch of 7mm Mag for the rifle my FIL gave me. Was glad I did that 5-8 years ago.

With the election turing out the way it is I'm really glad i dropped the coin on the two AR 15 uppers i got the last couple months. Feel that was one of the better purchased i made in awhile.

That's only if you have all the other components to make complete rifles out of 'em, and have a few cases of ammo to go with each of those rifles.
Otherwise you'll only have a few nice paper weights.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dad, I graduated 20 years ago. Still waiting on that ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom