Hold on to your Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reloading Rod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe some are still out there wasting their ammo for 'plinkin' empty beer cans.
Some still just don't get it, and if their interests are that limited, they're in for a big surprise if all they care about is a bit of casual plinking.
One more thing .... anybody thinks that can "reload" themselves out of this shortage, is
kidding themselves. Components will disappear very shortly after all the 'ready-rolled' stuff is long gone.

I know several people who have well over 100k primers as well as powder and projectiles to go with them. So I'm sure with their plinking they will see their way through this shortage, this happens almost every election cycle, but I think this one is going to be way worse than Sandy Hook.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm used to expending around 500 rounds per month minimum on the training range. Right now wife and I are down to training hard but shooting a 100 round or so instead of 500. Every case of ammo I get in to the shop half goes into our personal stock

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know several people who have well over 100k primers as well as powder and projectiles to go with them. So I'm sure with their plinking they will see their way through this shortage, this happens almost every election cycle, but I think this one is going to be way worse than Sandy Hook.

I agree, I've got a gut feeling that the ammo and reloading component shortage is going to get considerably worse before it gets any better.

Don't know how I managed it but I've got a little extra jingle in my jeans that I was considering using to purchase another handgun with but instead I believe now that I'll purchase more reloading supplies.......not looking forward to paying out the nose (within reason) but I guess a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the writing on the wall after sandy hook. Kept preaching buy it now and stack it deep.
I see some ads now where gun ranges are willing to pay market prices for ammo to supply to their customers.
I'm wondering how much the markup is going to be on that?
This shortage doesn't concern me at all personally.

I stocked up the day after Obama won his first election.

Woody

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it gets bad enough, I'll cast bullets out of copper, brass, and aluminum. Gun cotton isn't too difficult to make. Ignition can be accomplished with a Piezoelectric device from a Bic. Be creative and don't despair.

I can't find that Mad Scientist emoji.

Woody

My husband said you'd be a good neighbor.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom