Holiday Antlerless Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She works as a vet tech and is currently trying to get into vet school, so the field dressing and post mortem was much more interesting than usual....
"The necropsy was conducted at 350° for forty-five minutes. It is the determination of this examiner that the animal was delicious."

But seriously, good one her, and on you for taking her. :clap3:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today was just one of those days for us...

My daughter had 4 doe stroll through but never even slowed down at the feeder, so no shot.

All I saw were bucks. Two forks hung out for 45 minutes, then a big 10pt that I have never seen before stood on the edge of the field at 200 yds and ate beans for 15 mins. Bigger than anything I have seen all season.

My son in law, who is bow hunting, had 11 doe and fawn hang out about 150 yds in a field, but never came within bow range.

I would have never guessed we would have such a difficult time taking a doe.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this evening was better. Son in law didn’t see a thing. My daughter had a spike in front of her for 45 mins, then had a fawn come in, which she knows how to age a deer pretty well for a 12 year old, so she let it walk. Then a doe came screaming by with a fork hot on her heels.

A half mile south, however, I had 7 slick heads came in and settled on one of the 3 largest. I know I have posted about my AR with a custom chambering, 6mm DTI, but I was impressed with it yet again tonight. 178 yd shot. Entry wound in the right rib cage. No exit wound. DRT.

The 6mm DTI is a 6.8 SPC case necked down to 6mm. It is pushing a 75 gr Hornady SST at 2,947 fps. I built it for coyotes but have taken several deer with it with great success.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep and as dennishoddy pointed out it doesn't count towards your deer aggregate. I figure my lifetime paid for itself within 5 years of the ex buying it for me. Only good thing that came out of that union. I will be trying for a hog and coyotes as I have a freezer full of meat.

does a lifetime license cover the holiday antlerless tag?

Latest posts

Top Bottom