Holster Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to carry my G19 IWB. But I'm not sure what holsters are good quality or what to pay for them. Looking for suggestions on everything carry related! Your help is appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will likely get a zillion opinions on this, as holsters are almost like underwear....everyone has "the" comfortable solution :)
Mine happens to be from Aegis Armory...around $65....kydex hybrid with soft leather. Fits really well, and is so comfortable for me at 4:00 that it is the best I've used. And I have tried at least 7 different brands.

http://aegisarmory.us/shop/hybrids/the-shield-hybrid-holster/

Worth a look, maybe...

One additional thought - you can literally spend HUNDREDS of dollars on these....and there are "name" brands that really are excellent, but carry the price tag to match.
For IWB carry - do not get ANYTHING that will collapse when you remove the weapon, made out of nylon or some other equally-weak material. DON'T buy that crap, if you value your weapon and really intend to carry a lot....

Last edited:

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also....where you plan on wearing the 19 will make a difference on which holster most will recommend; appendix, 3/4 o'clock?

For appendix, I would recommend Keepers Concealment 110%
For 3/4 o' clock I would recommend something like Comp-tac Mtac or Alien gear.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of appendix carry, I'm really digging 3 o'clock right now. 4 o'clock isn't bad either. I'm really new to carry and I honestly couldn't tell you one brand from another

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

James41

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using Alien Gear IWB holsters for the last 7 or 8 years. Have carried a lot of different guns in them including a 5" Kimber 1911, XD 45, Taurus PT140, Ruger SR1911, Ruger SR40, and currently a Ruger American 45. Not all in the same holster of course. All guns rode well and hid well and the holster was very comfortable. Check http://aliengearholsters.com for your particular model. Price is quite good compared to most others and they are guaranteed quite well, also adjustable so many times a different gun will work in the same holster.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was to go back to IWB I would go with Milt Sparks all day long. One with the loops spread apart which would be Versa Max or summer special I think. I cant remember what I had without looking them up.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for AllenGear IWB here. Over a year with an IWB 3 carrying a 1911 at 3o'clock, most days 16/18 hours. Tried 2 others before, both more expensive and the AllenGear is more comfortable and still looking new. They have a 30 day try it out policy, forever warranty, and a free shell exchange if you decide to carry a different firearm some day. I did have to put some locktite on the screws, they kept backing out on me, fixed it.

Good luck finding what works for you, we sure can collect a pile of holsters looking for the right one. Glad I am done now. We should start a holster exchange, trade around thread.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the Glock 19, here's my two cents:
Single Clip IWB Kydex: RM Holsters "Lowrider" - Best IWB Kydex rig I've found, strong, well built, lifetime warranty.
Hybrid: Crossbreed Supertuck . The rest are just trying to play catch up to the leader.
Leather IWB: Milt Sparks Summer Special II or Versa Max II. Best of breed. I prefer the SS II myself.; smaller, don't really need a two-point rig for the G19, it's not that heavy.
Leather OWB: Kramer Belt Scabbard or hopefully, UBG RTBA Pancake Holster. (I have bought from UBG before, just ordered and going to try the new RTBA rig out. I'm confident it will be more than fine).

Buy once; cry once. Stay away from nylon junk. Friends don't let friends buy Fobus either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom