Holster Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck standard cowhide that I carried a couple years. After out working and getting sweaty then coming in and sitting at the computer a while the front lower leather started drying with a curl outward against my leg that protruded when I am standing up. I guess I should heavy wet it and flatten it, or trim it back a little. But also the bottom of the pistol mold left the barrel tip of my 5 inch 1911 open for moisture and lint dirt. I thought I would try something else and ran across the inexpensive AllenGear, and I like it.

The AllenGear is more of a synthetic material that has not developed a shape memory from the same type usage for a year now, still looks new and the barrel end is enclosed. It tucks a dress shirt or T-Shirt very well. Might be just a little more comfortable after breaking it in. JMO

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may very well be the only person on the planet that absolutely hates the crossbreed or alien gear type of holster. I mean hate it. I had a crossbreed and gave it away. But that just goes to show you have to find what works for you. Those are no doubt fantastic holsters, just not for me. You going to go through a few to figure out what works.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may very well be the only person on the planet that absolutely hates the crossbreed or alien gear type of holster. I mean hate it. I had a crossbreed and gave it away. But that just goes to show you have to find what works for you. Those are no doubt fantastic holsters, just not for me. You going to go through a few to figure out what works.

Unfortunately, this is true unless you just get lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And even if you are lucky, you'll wonder about IWB vs. OWB, or maybe appendix carry...then you'll be thinking about carrying a small gun in a pocket holster, then maybe you read somewhere about this holster or that one, and before you know it: Voila! Box-o-holsters.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And even if you are lucky, you'll wonder about IWB vs. OWB, or maybe appendix carry...then you'll be thinking about carrying a small gun in a pocket holster, then maybe you read somewhere about this holster or that one, and before you know it: Voila! Box-o-holsters.
Like this???!!!!!
IMG_3857.JPG

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I tend to agree, never could get used to the crossbreed...

Bighead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been running a Comp-tac Infidel Ultra for couple of years, and like it a lot.
http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-waistband/

I would also recommended at JM Custom Kydex and Raven Concealment Systems. Both are well regarded, high quality brands. There is also Spencer Keepers from here in Oklahoma, who owns Keepers Concealment. The Keeper is widely considered one of the best Appendix IWB holsters, if that is something you're considering.

I've always had good luck with Galco leather products, and they tend to rip off any decent or popular design. The KingTuk is a knock Crossbreed, the Summer Comfort is a knock-off Milt Sparks Summer Special. Higher end leather dealers include the aforementioned Milt Sparks, as well as 5-Shot Leather.

Latest posts

Top Bottom