Holster help?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK I was digging around in my old gun stuff and found an old Bianchi X15 shoulder holster I use to carry a Security Six in a long time ago. I forgot why I stopped wearing it until tonight. You ever had to fight to draw a gun from a shoulder holster? The spring is so damn tight that once you manage to get the cylinder out the barrel is still clamped in. Not sure if leaving a gun in it for awhile will help loosen things up or not. Any ideas? Here is a pic I pulled from the web for those that do not know the holster. And a 2nd. Mine is old enough it like the first pic, does not have the safety strap.

X151.jpg

X152.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a 1911 in one of those in the ‘80s. Never experienced what you are describing with that. It had a pretty tight grasp as I recall. The stretch retaining strap failed after a few years and I stopped using it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a 1911 in one of those in the ‘80s. Never experienced what you are describing with that. It had a pretty tight grasp as I recall. The stretch retaining strap failed after a few years and I stopped using it.

You can replace the elastic pretty easy if you still have it. I wish mine was for a 1911.

I get mine working and and I might carry my Taurus M66 6 inch some this winter for nostalgia. It is my favorite revolver that I still own. I am thinking I may put something in the spring for a bit and see if I can stretch it open. Maybe it got crushed under something a little in the gun stuff box. Nothing too big as I do not want to over do it.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I sported one of those around like Charlie back in the 80’s with my first 1911 in it. I remember it had a spring like a number 3 Victor. You might do a lot of things, but dropping your heater at an importune moment would not be one of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom