Home alarm companies ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ADT installed our home alarm system Dec. 2018 in Norman........four doors, all the windows, two inside motion detectors, one inside keypad, a hallway smoke alarm and a backup battery box in the hall closet.

Received my three month bill today and it went from $177.36 to $192.21.......the increase is not going to break the bank but if I can get the same service for less why pay more ?

Is there a alarm company that is as good or better than ADT for less money ?........are you normally charged a fee to switch from one company to another ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used Alert360 (Guardian before they were purchased) and were happy with them when we lived in Norman. Transferred service when we moved and have been happy with the transfer and upgrading of the system in current house in Tulsa.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went back to SimpliSafe. Overall best bang for the buck in my opinion. We had Brinks and they were charging $66 a month and half the time it did not work properly. I pay $30 a month now with no contract. I bought everything for about $400 with AAA 40% off.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want local monitoring, I'd talk to Boyd Security. I used to know a couple of guys over there, but I haven't seen them in years, so they may have gone elsewhere.

The last place I set up monitored security was using Simplisafe. About the only thing I'd change is the buttons on the remote--one day I was replacing the battery on my video doorbell when I heard an alarm siren start up. Apparently, I'd inadvertently put the system in Home mode, then gone outside, tripping the entry alarm, and shut the door, so I couldn't hear the system warning that the alarm was tripped.

Fortunately, I had one of their cameras outside, and it started making noise, so I was able to run back inside and use the Off button on the remote to cancel the alarm before we tested the local PD's reaction time...

Latest posts

Top Bottom