Home defense rifle guys: what size magazine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious...what size magazine do you guys have in a home defense rifle?
Theres more options for capacity for a rifle than there is for shotgun/pistol (in general), so what do yall keep in the gun?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only folks that normally need 30 shots to get one hit are Gang Members and LEOs. I think you should be okay with a 10 rounder. Plus if you shoot 30 rounds from an AR inside. You may be blind and deaf when its all over. :gun1::gun2:

I am not real crazy about ARs for home protection personally. I prefer pistol or scatter gun.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Joe Biden Special baby!
d6579f7dd6aaf243f3d8f6809ab0d2ee.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only folks that normally need 30 shots to get one hit are Gang Members and LEOs. I think you should be okay with a 10 rounder. Plus if you shoot 30 rounds from an AR inside you may be blind and deaf when its all over. :gun1::gun2:

I am not real crazy about ARs for home protection personally. I prefer pistol or scatter gun.

I don't know how many rounds the homeowner in B.A. fired a couple years ago when he took out the trio of home invaders that came in on him during the middle of the day, but I would bet my shorts he wasn't thinking to himself, "Man, this 30-round magazine is too big and unwieldy, I should have gone with 10-rounders."

Latest posts

Top Bottom