Home Depot fights shoplifters with required activation of power tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you think about the deactivation/activation feature as an anti theft for the tool owners to keep thieves at bay?

Once it gets around the tools can be deactivated, job site theft could possibly be deterred.

That or paint the tools orange and black. :bolt:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think about the deactivation/activation feature as an anti theft for the tool owners to keep thieves at bay?

Once it gets around the tools can be deactivated, job site theft could possibly be deterred.

I like The idea behind it. I just hope it works

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy stole a cart full the other day. Ran out the garden enterance.

it’s been reported so hopefully with the video and pics the guy has his partner will be caught

Attachments

• 2B77FA62-26E9-48DC-A017-1C5AEEC04DA1.jpeg
    2B77FA62-26E9-48DC-A017-1C5AEEC04DA1.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 85

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like The idea behind it. I just hope it works
Milwaukee already has this with many of their tools. Allows gps tracking, usage, and locking I believe.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at Home Depot in Moore about a year ago. We had a meeting once about theft and I made clear to the other employees that their life was not worth a few hundred dollars' worth of stuff. Never get between a thief and the door.
At the macro level, something needs to change. Maybe this is the answer.
At the personal, employee level, never get between a thief and the door. Record the vehicle and person and report it, that's it.
Hmmm, seems to me that about the time the thief was exiting through the door would be about the time someone should of had an accidental discharge, you know, the kind that happens when you're fumbling to catch that gun that 'accidentally' slipped from your CC holster 🙄

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, seems to me that about the time the thief was exiting through the door would be about the time someone should of had an accidental discharge, you know, the kind that happens when you're fumbling to catch that gun that 'accidentally' slipped from your CC holster 🙄
Personally I am for hanging their carcasses off of fences like ranchers to coyotes

but that’s just me

Latest posts

Top Bottom