Home Depot Labor day sale....bs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Birthday coming up and the wife asked what I wanted. Hers is just a few weeks away and I had asked her the same thing. I was in and out of hospital for more than a year and was there during her b'day(s), xmas and Anniversary(s). I was out of it and hardly remember it. 2020 is completely gone in my memory (or lack of) that year. I felt she needed a special gift. She refused to tell me anything she wanted and said, if she wanted anything she got it. Says I've been a great provider. That made me even more determined to do something. I can't fly yet so I though maybe a trip for her and her sisters.
Back to the reason for this post. She asked and I thought the same thing but wanted a cordless impact driver and maybe a replacement for my Milwaukee drill. Thought I'd pick one out so we went to Ada to HD. Yep they had them. Supposedly labor day sale priced. Hell, that's the same "On sale" price they've had posted online for a year.
Because I want a brushless 4ah metal insides, I've decided to buy a dewalt (not as good as they once was) combo driver/drill and impact driver with 2 5ah 20 amp batteries for the same price of their impact driver.
ZERO Dewalt stuff displayed. Have to order on line and that's what I'm going to do. SCREW Milwaukee and HD for the Ad they sent me about the HUGE sale.
Overall, it was a good day because I got a great deal on some ammo and notice that one of my Henry's has shipped as well as two of my Arken scopes.
God has been very good to me. I need to be nicer to others. Yes. I'm still working on that part

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being nicer to others is always the part we need to work. Lord knows I need lots of work at it. I try to be nice then someone sets me off. The joys of having a hot temper.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Sales" are often misleading.
A few years back we went furniture shopping in OKC and Tulsa. We wrote down prices and SKU numbers.
When we determined what we wanted, decided to wait on a sale. Sure enough we got a notification of a 20% sale at one of the big name furniture stores.
What we found was the prices jacked up 20% and "slashed" to the price we had looked at a month before.
Buyer beware.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sales on power tools at HD normally start towards the end of October, although last year the sales were not as good as previous years have been IMO. Last year I saw a lot of buy the battery packs, get a tool free offers. I hope they bring back buy a combo kit, get to choose 1 or 2 free tools depending on which kit you buy. Hint if batteries are one of the free offers, always get the batteries. They are normally the most expensive one offs to buy.

Aisle 3 at that store towards the south end of the aisle is where you will find the dewalt power tools at. Currently the largest set of power tools are Ryobi on the end cap of aisles 4/5 and the north end of aisle 3. Followed by Ridgid on the end cap of 2/3 and north end of aisle 3.

During the holiday sales, black friday/christmas you will normally find the larger ad sets in the main lay down area at the front of the store in the middle.

I am a ridgid guy myself, 3 year warranty out of the box, or a lifetime warranty if you register each tool, battery and charger online with ridgid.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use to shop the Cabela's sales flyers. Items on sale were actually cheaper. Then they became Bass pro. Found out items now in the sale flyers are higher stock/new stock items. Don't even look anymore straight to the trash.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@steelfingers HD set out the holiday gift center this week there are a lot of dewalt power tools out, looks like there maybe some decent prices, I know you are not located in ada, but if you will let me know what you are looking for I will see if its in the store.
That's really cool of you thanks. Ended up getting what I wanted on line at a great price. Made sure to get the drill driver and drill with the right amount of power. Wife got it for my b'day that's in 2 days but the funny part is she bought it with my debit card. Ha. That's ok. it's the thought that counts.
Hope you're having a great day. Again, very cool of you to offer. Thanks again

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to turn this into a ‘I hate HD’ thread but I’ve been by the one in Moore a couple times. Lots of help. I mean they look nice and intelligent. But none of them seemed to want to do anything but chit chat with each other and look at their phones. These were primarily people in their mid 30s to early 40s.

I suffer from zero tolerance for stupidity.
I need to get prayed thru

eta: I only mentioned their ages to clarify they weren’t a bunch of goofy teenagers. Not an attack on that age group. There’s actually tons of good folks in that age group. I’m guessing HD hasn’t figured out how to recruit that bunch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom