Home Depot making military discount harder to use (for our protection)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No longer will HD honor military ID's, or VA cards. You have to now create a HD account online, sign in, go to my account, military discount, and then let the cashier scan the QR code.

1641928524337.png

Here is the scenario, What used to be me presenting items to purchase and my military ID card, then a nice, "Thanks for your service."

I have to log on to their website on every purchase and follow five to six steps and drop down menus. Then wait in line to purchase my items.

It really seems to me the higher ups are betting a lot won't go through the hassle for a $1.97 bolt and will be realizing profit they were losing on their 10% discount policy.

Ain't capitalism and technology wonderful?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also a "people got discharged and kept their inactive cards" thing. I knew a guy who used his for everything. And as a side note, his discharge wasn't medical nor due to appropriate timeframe. They're just vetting them now to make sure they actually get the discount.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've not had enough purchases at HD to worry about it, but the wife carries a copy of my DD-214 in her purse, and if some business asked if I am a veteran, she shows that and we get the discount. Also, my driver's license is marked to indicate that I am a veteran, so sometimes I just show that to them and get the discount.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've not had enough purchases at HD to worry about it, but the wife carries a copy of my DD-214 in her purse, and if some business asked if I am a veteran, she shows that and we get the discount. Also, my driver's license is marked to indicate that I am a veteran, so sometimes I just show that to them and get the discount.
I have a Va card and it is on my license also. Helps a little

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thye are also going to start refusing returns without a receipt. So either keep your receipts, pay by card or sign up for pro xtra and never lose a receipt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom