Home Depot making military discount harder to use (for our protection)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's douchebags who never served and claiming every military discount they can kind of problem.
Not necesarrily. I didnt serve and use it, although I am in public safety, so do fall under first responder for most categories. I use it as we take care of my wife's disabled veteran grandfather, and most of the things I get, get used at or on his house. He won't be able to probably figure out the app and qr codes, but everthing I can save helps him ultimately. Right now, we are fixing his place up to sell, and I am getting a quote to add a second story to my house so my teeanage son can move in up there, and my wifes grandad, his greatgrandfather, can move into his room as he can no longer realistically care for himself. My father in law passed away suddenly 4 years ago at the age of 56, so we've stepped up to do what we can.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I f'n hate using apps. Most of 'em are nothing more than a way to collect info and they're a pain in the a**.

I do most of what I need done thru apps, some are better than others there is no doubt, its become my preferred way to conduct business and run my daily affairs.

There was a time when I thought I would never need a smart phone or such, but now I cant imagine life without one as far as daily banking and shopping and such.

I am not much of a social media guy so I stay away from that stuff.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necesarrily. I didnt serve and use it, although I am in public safety, so do fall under first responder for most categories. I use it as we take care of my wife's disabled veteran grandfather, and most of the things I get, get used at or on his house. He won't be able to probably figure out the app and qr codes, but everthing I can save helps him ultimately. Right now, we are fixing his place up to sell, and I am getting a quote to add a second story to my house so my teeanage son can move in up there, and my wifes grandad, his greatgrandfather, can move into his room as he can no longer realistically care for himself. My father in law passed away suddenly 4 years ago at the age of 56, so we've stepped up to do what we can.
You didn’t serve but yet you ask for a military discount?
There is no way you can spin it, it isn’t right.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn’t serve but yet you ask for a military discount?

There is no way you can spin it, it isn’t right.
So I should drag the 84 year old amputee to HD, make him walk the aisles with me, and buy the stuff for his house to save tax, so I can do the work for him? Got it, I'm the douche. Its the only time I use a veterans discount, but I guess if I am a douche, I should go full send and see if I can get some free meals etc. Funny thing is, most of my friends are vets, and offer me their discount all the time, and I pass on it. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll start taking them up on it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grudgingly downloaded the app. I got verified online first. Signed in on my phone, went to Mil Discount.

It looks like you just open the app and scan the code in store. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle. For online purchases it's automatic when you sign into your account.

So...assuming you know what you need from HD. Order online at home, get discount, pick up in store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom