Home Depot making military discount harder to use (for our protection)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can now use it online and typically it will also give you the option for free shipping to home - it is just a bit random on if it is fast or not. The bigger issue that I see is that they capped it at $4,000 a year. As in, you can only apply it to $4,000 worth of merchandise per year. If you remodel one room you can hit that number pretty quick. I still appreciate it and don't feel entitled to a discount, but I do wonder why they cap us but don't cap contractor discounts per-annum. If you're spending money in-store you're spending money in-store, why discourage vets from spending more???

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can now use it online and typically it will also give you the option for free shipping to home - it is just a bit random on if it is fast or not. The bigger issue that I see is that they capped it at $4,000 a year. As in, you can only apply it to $4,000 worth of merchandise per year. If you remodel one room you can hit that number pretty quick. I still appreciate it and don't feel entitled to a discount, but I do wonder why they cap us but don't cap contractor discounts per-annum. If you're spending money in-store you're spending money in-store, why discourage vets from spending more???
Maybe the contractors complained about people buying their own stuff and having their workers do the work after hours?

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shop local stores......who needs these robber barons....for what 10%..... they wreck havoc on local small mom and pop ....smaller chains...F them

.....then they give money to "social causes such as....trouble making blm .....trans gender nonsense,......illegals....

Keep your 10% and your cheap crap....I'll shop local stores...might pay a buck extra....but my neighbor is more important then some CEO in NYC or LA.

...F off Home Depot ....

kryptoniteguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at HD earlier this week and was told the same.. didn't really think that much about it, as Lowe's has been tied to your Lowe's account for a few years. I just registered and you are now able to shop online and use the discount. Seems like a better deal to me. As far as the QR code for in store use, screen shot it and save the photo as a favorite.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you still cant buy online either I bet

**** Home depot
I was told that you will be able to apply your military discount online, now. Wish they'd done this before I bought the Mr. Cool mini-split system a couple of years ago. Haven't actually registered online yet. Last time I was in, they still let me use the military ID. Been a couple of weeks.

Bill

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've not had enough purchases at HD to worry about it, but the wife carries a copy of my DD-214 in her purse, and if some business asked if I am a veteran, she shows that and we get the discount. Also, my driver's license is marked to indicate that I am a veteran, so sometimes I just show that to them and get the discount.
That is no longer proof to them. You have to have this QR code.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, was annoying as hell when you wanted somthing but was only sold online. You were pretty much SOL
I am boycotting Lowes for their teaching CRT. I'm a racist because I'm white. Never set foot in one for almost a year and I'm in the process of remodeling my house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom