Home insurance increase.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you plan on taking the time to look around for a better rate or are you just going to bite the bullet and write a check ?

This.

Y'all need to shop your insurance. They all have their drawbacks but Farmer's is the worst.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My homeowners insurance in Oregon on a more expensive home cost me $695 a year. My home here in Tulsa cost less and is pushing $3,500 a year

Must be the tornadoes and access to so many lakes in which one could lose firearms.

But then, Oregon has that huge body of water on it western edge that should have raised the rates there.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did research several months ago and got a great deal with Costco Their program is with American Family Saved us about $700 a year on 2 vehicles and the home with contents

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, USAA used to be the cheapest option out there. Back then, I had several insurance companies tell me flat out that they couldn’t beat them for car insurance, before giving me a quote.
I joined USAA in 1991. Back then you had to be a commissioned officer or enrolled in an officer program or dependent of an officer. I remember being told the “group” they insured is what help them keep rates low. Currently just about anybody can join which I am sure hasn’t help the rates.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined USAA in 1991. Back then you had to be a commissioned officer or enrolled in an officer program or dependent of an officer. I remember being told the “group” they insured is what help them keep rates low. Currently just about anybody can join which I am sure hasn’t help the rates.
Yeah, pretty much everybody can get a USAA account. I can’t imagine it helps with rates, but I’m sure it helps with profits.

• Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
  • Widows, widowers and un-remarried former spouses of USAA members who had USAA auto or property insurance while married.
  • Individuals whose parents have or had USAA auto or property insurance.
  • Former USAA members who had auto or property insurance.
  • Cadets and midshipmen at service academies, in advanced ROTC or on ROTC scholarship, plus officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning.
  • NOAA and US Public Health Service personnel.
  • Federal Special Agents.
So pretty much anybody. It’s just another bank anymore, with about as stringent of membership requirements as Tinker Federal Credit Union.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We ended up changing everything over to State Farm. MUCH better coverage, including a large umbrella policy to cover us in case of being sued. Overall savings was nearly $3k a year! I am kicking myself for not looking into the change sooner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom