Home Invasion Shootout Kills 3 of 5 Attackers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
AK-47. Ouch. Definitely makes me think about what MacFromOK said.

https://abc13.com/5-shot-and-3-dead-after-home-invasion-in-east-houston/5097015/

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...obbers-injures-2-more-ujBm1PA0OkCsbUMZY6Fclg/

Three men died after a botched home robbery of a man who had his fully-loaded AK-47 nearby

Houston, TX – A Texas homeowner shot and killed three men and injured two others with a AK-47 during a home invasion when the men reportedly tried to break into the residence at about 1 a.m. Saturday.

Police told KHOU that after the men got into the house, the homeowner was able to grab his gun and shoot four of them.

One of the men died in front of the house, according to KPRC.

Another of the wounded men fled on foot and was later found by police. That man was shot in the leg and was later hospitalized.

The three other men ran to an SUV and left, according to police. The SUV then crashed into a pole.

Another man was found dead inside the SUV, according to police.

A wounded man also fled the SUV after it crashed and then later collapsed on the street and died, according to KPRC.

The 20-year-old homeowner spoke to KTRK off-camera. The man, who was not identified, said two people broke through his door wearing ski masks and demanded cash.

The 20-year-old man said when he realized it wasn’t a joke, he reached for what the robbers thought was money but instead grabbed his AK-47 and then began shooting at the robbers.

The two armed robbers shot back as they retreated out of the house according to the homeowner’s story he told KTRK.

The 20-year-old homeowner said he knew the robbers from the past “in passing” and that he thinks they targeted him to rob him of money and jewelry.

A neighbor said he saw two men with large guns enter the home as others pulled up, according to KPRC. The neighbor said he went inside his home and then heard gunshots.

Police were investing the crime scene. KPRC reported there appears to have been a large gunfight as police have recovered several dozen shell casings.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This is the reason I would rather use an AR with 30 round magazines for home defense instead of a handgun that holds 15 rounds or so.

In that situation the fewer reloads required the better.

I guess I could get some 33 round mags for my 19.5.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the reason I would rather use an AR with 30 round magazines for home defense instead of a handgun that holds 15 rounds or so.

In that situation the fewer reloads required the better.

I guess I could get some 33 round mags for my 19.5.
Different situations require different equipment.
Sounds like this guy selected the proper tool.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Different situations require different equipment.
Sounds like this guy selected the proper tool.
Right, but when that door gets kicked in you don't know if it is one or many armed intruders you will be up against.

On the street we have to compromise more because you can only carry so much but at home I like to have more firepower at my ready if need be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, but when that door gets kicked in you don't know if it is one or many armed intruders you will be up against.

On the street we have to compromise more because you can only carry so much but at home I like to have more firepower at my ready if need be.
That's why I've responded in another thread about my plan if a breakin occurs. A pistol is nearby, to give me time to get to the rifle that is located in our defensive position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom