Home made steel target stands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to build a few steel targets to lug out to the range for pistol/rifle use.

I've Found more than a few folks with reasonable prices on AR500 round and square plates....anyone want to share their home made portable stands/hangers? I have a design in mind, but would like to see what others have come up with.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am working on a design that uses PVC pipe and breaks down into 2 or more sections for compact storage.
Something like a square base made of 3/4" PVC pipe with a vertical U shaped section that inserts into the base.
The base could be filled with sand or have weights to hold it steady in wind.
Add some clips to the upright for paper targets and steel rod sticking from the sides to put odd targets like fruit on.

Still sketching it out on paper and its for paper targets, not silhouette steel.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7-23-13 245.jpg Mullah Fubar and the Ironians.

7-23-13 254.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on a design that uses PVC pipe and breaks down into 2 or more sections for compact storage.
Something like a square base made of 3/4" PVC pipe with a vertical U shaped section that inserts into the base.
The base could be filled with sand or have weights to hold it steady in wind.
Add some clips to the upright for paper targets and steel rod sticking from the sides to put odd targets like fruit on.

Still sketching it out on paper and its for paper targets, not silhouette steel.

I have one that I built. Its in the shop building, pretty shot up with the bullet spatter on the pvc. Steel that I had my cousin heat treat at his shop. I'll dig it out and see if I can post a pic. We leave the steel out at our range, so it hasn't been used in awhile.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hanging plant hangers will work, but you'll need to supplant them with steel posts and wire them to it.

Unless, you have English Knangit shooting them, he'll hit something other than the target and knock it off the stand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom