Home Security Systems

Snattlerake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those cameras cover the house and barn. But we can see literally everything. Cause frigging bate thieves.
Hoping you have cameras covering cameras so if some are disabled, the other cameras will record the shenanigans.

Back to Simplisafe. The biggest problem I have with their stuff is it is not adaptable to external door contacts. I opened mine up and cut the hermetically sealed glass tube and soldered in the OVHD door contacts thereby voiding the warranty but I did get them to work.

Also having problems with a 3.5 volt button battery showing low voltage and missing door sensor at 3 volts. Ridiculous.

Snattlerake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For security cameras indoors, I like the simplisafe too, but outdoors their camera won't cut it. I like the Dahua IPC-HFW5442T-AS-LED. It has stellar night vision and it's very tough in the elements. It's hardwired though so you'll have to buy a bunch of cat 5/cat6 cable and run it out, but it's worth every penny.
Nice! This little camera has features we employed at great expense at airports 25 years ago with the new technology from Israel.
Nicevision. We could set up rules for people leaving bags unattended, artificial trip wires, wrong way movement, theft or moving of stationary objects, and hot swap RAID drives. The airport cop shops loved the NICE Vision system. Now, these cams have the tech embedded in the cam!

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the "Simplisafe bypass" thing, they send you a text alert if there's interference detected for very long, I think it's 8-10 seconds. That lets you look on the cameras to see if creeps are creeping.

For the Echo "all my internet belongs to the community now, hahahaa!" setting, that's just another reason not to trust Ring added to the list. Thanks for posting!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the Echo "all my internet belongs to the community now, hahahaa!" setting, that's just another reason not to trust Ring added to the list. Thanks for posting!
That's not really an accurate characterization of what it is, but you can turn it off in the settings in the Ring app. IMHO, it should be off by default, but most "journalists" are doing about as good of a job of describing it as they do covering anything firearms-related.

Top Bottom