Homemade jerky?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume then you don't find the Allegro too salty? Used to use as our marinade on chicken and such but too much sodium for our tastes now. I'm all over the Head Country BBQ sauce though! They need to make a version without high fructose corn syrup.
I have already eaten quite a bit of what I made, and I haven’t noticed it being salty. The Head Country flavor is really good.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Equal parts soy sauce & Worcestershire sause & water.
Add a teaspoon or 2 of garlic salt ( depending on how much liquid you have miked up.) & a tablespoon of regular salt. A teaspoon or 2 of freash ground black pepper (depending on how spicy you like it).
Marinade for about 2 days. & start dehydration.
Can sprinkle some more pepper on top before going into the dehydrator.
I pat it just enough to keep the marinade from dripping from the piece of meat.

In my opinion, this makes way better jerky than any store bought jerky fixings.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to trim all fat from venison then run it though a grinder. I use a jerky gun to lay out strips on a lightly oil coated wire rack and smoke on my pellet grill. I use a recipe that is somewhat dry except just moist enough to run through the gun good. This way its alot easier to eat without getting stuck in between teeth as bad. Plus the grandkids like it too.

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Venison or beef!! Just brush on soy sauce and lots of black pepper. It is the best ever. You can make it in the oven by just laying strips right on the racks, turn on the oven to lowest setting and propping the oven door about a half inch to let the moisture out.

pork is too much trouble...especially wild hawg

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never heard of using any oil before. I do trim off all fat because to me the fat gets rancid after a little while. I mainly use teriaki sause, liquid smoke course black pepper, red pepper flakes, worcheshestershire(sp) and I would have to look up my recipe to get the rest of the ingrediants.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
IMG_20220127_221008.jpg
IMG_20220127_221030.jpg
IMG_20220127_221043.jpg
IMG_20220128_163856.jpg
IMG_20220131_143953.jpg

even made some cherry fruit leather. needed some shelf stable sweets for the upcoming snowpocalypse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom