homemade shotshell holder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm posting a picture of my homemade (suede) shell holder, took me a couple hours to sow it together with my stitching awl... opinions are welcome

Attachments

• 2019-11-15 10.54.32.jpg
    2019-11-15 10.54.32.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 499

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like making my own stuff too. If it were me, I would roll the pouch inside out to turn the stitched seams inside. That's just me though. It's mainly a for looks thing. IMO.
I bet I've run a mile or two of thread through a hand awl. Lol

Reaction score
I like making my own stuff too. If it were me, I would roll the pouch inside out to turn the stitched seams inside. That's just me though. It mainly a for looks thing. IMO.
I bet I've run a mile or two of thread through a hand awl. Lol
I didn't even think about that! Thank you very much, I just did what you suggested

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job. Whatever works best is the best choice. I like frugalness and ingenuity. All my Kydex holsters rely only upon the friction fit. I don't like that. I'm toying with the idea of adding thumbreaks via leather straps, pop rivets and pull-the-dot snaps. Trying to figure out how to keep the rivets from scratching the gun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good job. Whatever works best is the best choice. I like frugalness and ingenuity. All my Kydex holsters rely only upon the friction fit. I don't like that. I'm toying with the idea of adding thumbreaks vial leather straps, pop rivets and pull-the-dot snaps. Trying to figure out how to keep the rivets from scratching the gun.
Sounds more professional than what I'm doing, might need to look in to that. On a side note my brother wants me to make something similar in 300WM

Latest posts

Top Bottom