Homeowners insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys won’t believe what has happened. When I got the quote from farmers it looked great and was gonna save me a lot of money or so i thought. The agent wanted me to give them my bank account number and my mortgage company and loan number so they could get the ball rolling on the policy. So I gave them the info. I then received an email about the policy and it had documents that I had to sign and I also had to provide a couple of documents to farmers. Upon reading the proposed coverage it was slightly different than the quote so I said I ain’t signing anything and made the decision to stick with Safeco. I didn’t call the agent back and tell them because I didn’t want to deal with being harassed about not wanting it. A week went by and I heard nothing from the agent. Then my wife got a call from them. They asked for her to give them a call. Then about 3 days later I received a call and the message was the same. Then another few days went by and I received one more call with a message to call them back. I never responded. Then yesterday I got a text message saying they were fixing to process a payment of $158.62 for my autos. I said “I do NOT give you authorization to do that”. And that I didn’t want the policy. Then the agent said “so do you want me to push the date back?” I said, “ No. I don’t want the home or auto policies and that I was sticking with my current company”. Then the agent said to me that they had already sent the policy to my mortgage company and that the premium had been paid from my escrow account!! Not once was I contacted and told they had done this. No text, no email, no documents in the mail, and no voicemail. Which proves they didn’t want me knowing until it was too late to do anything about it. I was so mad I couldn’t even think. So I called my mortgage company and they said they were sorry and that kind of stuff happens all the time. Then I called my Safeco agent and he said they broke the law by doing that because I never signed and purchased the insurance. When I contacted the agent by phone and told them they better refund my money ASAP she tried to make excuses about refunding the money. Then she said I would have to fill out a form to cancel the policy. I said I never even bought the dang policy! They never once contacted me to tell me what they had done. They were purposely not letting me know. So I contacted farmers corporate and the lady contacted her supervisor and the agency and they determined that since I gave them my bank number and the mortgage number that that was more than enough to give them permission to move forward. So apparently things can be done without signatures nowadays. I never called them back to tell them I didn’t want it because I thought they couldn’t do anything because I never signed the purchase documents. Now they are trying to jerk me around saying if I don’t provide certain documents to them and give them a written letter of cancellation they won’t refund my money for the full amount. They said they would only go back 5 days!! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever had to deal with. I hate insurance companies so bad. They are just legal rackets. If they don’t give me my full refund I am filing a lawsuit against farmers. Farmers are a bunch of crooks!! Make sure you don’t ever change your mind on something like this or it may end up screwing you like I am having done.
Sounds like you can get a good lawyer and more than make your money back

Latest posts

Top Bottom