Honda discontinuing lawn mowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No more than the current crop of 800lb four wheelers.
I was racing them from 82-86. Did a demo race for the head of the CPSC in Denver Co. and meeting later where he said it was one of the most exciting things he had ever seen for a sporting event.
Open wheel racing at it's finest.
What the issue was that the guy's best friend in Louisiana lost his 12 year old kid because he was left unsupervised without a helmet riding in rough terrain where the vehicle ran off a cliff and pinned the kid underneath. Died of head injuries because of no helmet.
It was a favor for a friend that cost that industry.
Yeah, I still have and ride one.
Completely restored 250SX that looks showroom new.
Sold my race trike because it was no fun poking around the woods. Full throttle is what a highly modified 250R was designed for.
This three wheeler will destroy a 4 wheeler in close quarter woods and tight trails. I have both.

View attachment 314211
I don't remember that one. 110, 185, a Big Red, that I don't recall ccs on. And the 250r which I'd have murdered for as a kid. Thankfully adults around me were sane.

So I assume that's a 4 stroke 250?

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little surprised on the mowers. I've got a commercial push mower and it has been fantastic. Wonder how much of it is the emission side.
It's always about the bottom line. Their numbers crunchers have determined it's economically expedient to expend their resources elsewhere. Honda, maybe more than any other, is truly a global company and is attuned to purchase patterns around the world.

Unlike, say, Bass Pro boats. Bass Pro caters to mostly a north American market hence, doesn't care what the European Union says about ICE. For example.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember that one. 110, 185, a Big Red, that I don't recall ccs on. And the 250r which I'd have murdered for as a kid. Thankfully adults around me were sane.

So I assume that's a 4 stroke 250?
Correct, a four stroke. It has 5 forward gears + a reverse. The clutch was integrated into the foot shifter so it automatically disengages the clutch while shifting.
It’s no 250R but will skoot pretty good.
I’ve got polished aluminum wheels with sand paddles to use when hitting the dunes at Little Sahara.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Honda mowers, but they were always 'evolving' rather quickly, & it's hard to keep up with all their changes. Every time I needed parts, I'd need the Model # + the Serial #, as they change so often.
The 'End Result' may be, in 'part' due to it's a lot of damn trouble to make, ship, deliver, stock, & track all those
little items....especially during the 'Great Re-Set'....(or whatever this imposed stupidity we are all forced to
endure by our self-proclaimed 'Masters' is turning out to be). I think THEY're the ones ultimately getting 'Reset'.
After these Jokers hang, we'll be Free to develop the best lawn mowers Humanly possible- like low flying lawn drones that use lasers instead of blades, ....or just instill Grass with an Acrophobia Gene that makes it too scared to grow over 2" tall. Or just start growing 'edibles' again, instead of spending Billion$ on a 'crop' that requires constant care just to harvest & dispose of.
Until then; I'm glad I saved my old Genuine Honda 'Parts' mower too.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished the 17th season on my Honda HRR with the blade engage (motor continues to run when you release the handle) and my Echo weed whacker. Fine, fine machines both of 'em!!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Protip, find a Troy bilt or husqvarna with a Honda motor but a worn out chassis/deck. They can be found pretty cheap after the deck is trashed. Then go to a mower repair shop with a pile of parts in the back. Get a Honda chassis and mount the TB/Husky motor to it. Some are more involved than other like different sized shafts on the TB/husky motors which requires using the old pulley/blade adaptor and a slight belt change.
Some are as easy as a motor swap and fabbing up a new belt guard under the motor.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so you know, if you buy a Northstar generator from Northern Tool with a “Honda” motor, it’s actually a proprietary motor for Northern Tool, and I know for a fact that carburetors won’t interchange. You are forced to get your “Honda” parts from NT. :censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom