Honda e2000i generator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this new about 15 yrs ago. Have only used it a handful of times. I left gas in the tank, I know stupid move. I am pretty sure I need either a new carb (pukes gas after running about 15 minutes) or the one in it rebuilt. Above my pay grade. I'm in El Reno got guns to trade for a professional job on the generator. Message me if interested and we can talk.
Thanks

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take the carbs off, clean out the carbs and run some seafoam through it. Be sure and drain the tank. might need to replace the primer bulb or a hose or two, but not a hard fix if it's not locked up.
PM me.
I agree, see if it has a fuel filter, if so replace it. I bet you do not even need to rebuild the carb, just spray out all of the little holes in the carb with carb cleaner.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same thing with a generator and power washer. Took the carb off, cleaned it, the bowl and jets with carb cleaner. Ever hole just like pok said. Drained the gas and put seafoam in and made sure I ran seafoam in gas after.
Worked fine.
I just put 100% gas in my stuff but even then, gas turns to goo if it sits. If you put the crap gas in, might have to replace a hose or two, maybe the primer bulb.
An honest small engine guy will do it quickly and at a reasonable price. (time equals $).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about their generators, but I just put a factory brand new carb on a Honda lawnmower that I sold. It cost $18 at a Honda dealer's parts department. Shouldn't be an expensive fix even it you put it in the shop.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about their generators, but I just put a factory brand new carb on a Honda lawnmower that I sold. It cost $18 at a Honda dealer's parts department. Shouldn't be an expensive fix even it you put it in the shop.
I was going to rebuild the card on a hedge trimmer, but a new carb was only a few more bucks.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to rebuild the card on a hedge trimmer, but a new carb was only a few more bucks.

Yea. The carb, all 5 gaskets sandwiched between the A/F housing and engine, spark plug and a new air filter was like $34. I think the plug and filter was 1/3 of that. It really isn't worth the effort with prices like that.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied. The Honda is running like, well a Honda. Great! After it quit the last time I pulled and pulled, squirted a little starting fluid and pulled some more. It ran before it quit the last time for about an hour with some Mechanic In A Bottle(that's the real name) added to the gas tank. Drug it out today to try one more time. Opened the little vent on the gas cap...put the switch to start...choke on...looked in the fuel tank and saw a little gas in the tank. Pulled again and again. I remembered this thing starting on the first or second pull every time before. After a tirade that would make a sailor blush, I put in about a quart of gas. Started on the first pull. Runs like a champ. Just don't tell anyone about this. It's a huge confidence booster...anyone got an engine needs work? I'm available.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wish Honda would sell their riding lawn mowers here. They make them and sell them all over the world but here, for some reason. You cannot beat Honda for small motor products.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Stabil in all my gas cans which ends up in my generator, lawn equipment, etc. It seems to help. With the generator, I always shut-off the fuel valve and let the engine run the remaining gas out until it dies. I've never had a problem starting the generator, even after sitting for a year or more with fuel / Stabil in the tank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom