Honda Mower Carb Issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive got the Ego. Thing is a beast. I doubt I'll ever go back to gas.
Yeah, I read a lot of good things. They already have a bunch of Ryobi battery operated tools, and my initial thought was to obviously get them the Ryobi mower. After doing some research, I felt that the different battery family of the Ego wasn't enough to overcome the shortcomings of the Ryobi mowers. I read a lot about how the handles break at the plastic joints, and their inability to go into higher/thicker grass (which they have a lot of), etc. The total watt hours coming out of their 56V/7.5Ah batteries is a big step up from the competition. A little more expensive, but I think it'll be worth it for them.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I read a lot of good things. They already have a bunch of Ryobi battery operated tools, and my initial thought was to obviously get them the Ryobi mower. After doing some research, I felt that the different battery family of the Ego wasn't enough to overcome the shortcomings of the Ryobi mowers. I read a lot about how the handles break at the plastic joints, and their inability to go into higher/thicker grass (which they have a lot of), etc. The total watt hours coming out of their 56V/7.5Ah batteries is a big step up from the competition. A little more expensive, but I think it'll be worth it for them.
Ego has different battery voltages in different sizes but all batteries will fit each device. I can use my big 7.5ah mower batter in my weed eater. It will be huge and heavy compared to the one that came with it but it will fit and work just fine and give longer run time if needed. Heres a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• 20210908_171838.jpg
    20210908_171838.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210908_171849.jpg
    20210908_171849.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 39

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even at the same voltage you'll get more power out of higher ah batteries. I was watching a ton of videos on the new Milwaukee Fuel tool line and there was a pretty telling video. A 3ah battery wouldn't do the task but a 6ah had no problems. Both were fully charged.

I have the Kobalt mower with a 40V 5ah battery and it's does pretty good. I'm at zero doubt that the 7.5ah will do more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom