Honda Ridgeline Pickups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shy away from the foreign cars for one major reason. Repairs. I was helping a friend out a couple days ago by replacing the rear spoiler on a 2015 Toyota Sienna. There are very few parts available that you can purchase even from salvage yards. The one part on car-parts had a single page in the whole US. It's a plastic piece that breaks easily but costs about 750 from Toyota unpainted. There is ZERO aftermarket replacements and by the time a stealership or shop that can order it buys the piece it's 1500 to 2000 if you are lucky. The painted one in the correct color from salvage was still 300 shipped and it had some dings and scratches.

Also helped a guy with a Honda accord when a fuse blew out. The worst part of the whole deal was that even though it's just a fuse it was a "dealer only" part. The only way to make it so he could get on the road was to add a second fuse in where part of the first one had blown so he could drive to a stealership and buy the correct one. It's made just a little weird so it can be patented even though it would be just as easy to make a fuse box that will accept regular fuses.

It might just be me but so far I have come across where the cars are cheaper but the repairs are outrageous. Before you make a decision I would suggest going over to some of the big parts websites like rockauto and some others and see what the parts cost difference is. Especially with the plastic pieces, if you can't find them at all on rockauto then it's a guaranteed nightmare. The more expensive the replacement the more likely that later on it will end up being a PITA.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never driven one, but I know they are shunned in the 4X4 community. IIRC the diffs and transfer case are known to fail in spectacular fashion with the slightest hint of real truck work.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Same running gear as a Honda Pilot. It’s a uni-body so no real frame under it. The six cylinder engine only gets about what the 6’s in the full size trucks get.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My stepson hates them with a passion. He worked as a dock loader for a furniture store and people in Ridgelines would drive up wanting a full sized couch loaded in one. Thankfully I taught him well and he would just look at them and say "Sorry, but that is not happening. I don't care how much the couch cost, its not fitting in that glovebox sized bed".

Latest posts

Top Bottom