Honda Ridgeline Pickups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get one unless you like the look of a truck but never plan on using the bed. I bought one to resell and drove it a few times, using it to move a motorcycle and tow a CRV on an aluminum tilt trailer. It had trouble on steep inclines and got terrible mileage. There are much better options out there for whatever you plan on doing with a truck.

Pretty close to the towing rating(CRV=3500, trailer at least=1000) I wouldn't expect it to not have issues. Again, even though it is rated as such, I wouldn't buy, or use one to tow cars on trailers around.

The OP hasn't answered what he is looking for in a "truck".

ETA, OP posted, Ridgeline won't work.....

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
D872E9F0-0ACB-4C5C-AAF1-A454E042C7E7.png
Yeah, but no.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Occasional towing of the pontoon. Also occasional towing of my 16' trailer with about 3 tons of gravel in it.
Yeah, that'd kill a Ridgeline before it left the gravel pit. You're looking at substantial half-ton to tow that much, and either a gooseneck or weight-distributing hitch. I know a lot of folks who'd say you should be looking at a 3/4- or 1-ton for those loads, but if you're just doing it occasionally, a properly-equipped half-ton can do those jobs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like for some reason it gets good ratings at Consumer Reports. But I don't trust their opinion that much.
They were pretty spot on with our Jeep wagoneer Limited.
In customer surveys of folks that owned the vehicles, the consensus was that the tranny would fail at 60K, and the engine at 120K.
We had to replace the tranny at 70K and then engine threw a rod at 110K.
The survey also said the major problem was with the interior accessories. We had to have the dash removed three times to repair the AC servo's.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish this thread had been about 3 days sooner. My Dad just traded in his F150, Camry, and my late Mom's Edge for a 2012 Ridgeline. Granted, he lives in the city (for now) and only takes it off the pavement for hunting season, but I worry about it bouncing across the pasture now.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no hate for the Honda, but my idea of a truck I bought in 2005 (3/4 Dodge quad cab diesel 8ft bed) and is still going strong. I've put 2 6x6 round bails in the bed of my truck and it handles them with no problem, one of those bales would blow the springs out from under the ridgeline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom