Honda Ridgeline Pickups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no hate for the Honda, but my idea of a truck I bought in 2005 (3/4 Dodge quad cab diesel 8ft bed) and is still going strong. I've put 2 6x6 round bails in the bed of my truck and it handles them with no problem, one of those bales would blow the springs out from under the ridgeline.
Really not a comparison. I have a couple of friends who have Rigdelines, and For what they are made for I would rather have one then a Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma pickup.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't it the '63 (ish?) Ford F-100 cab & bed that was one piece?

From what I recall, they mostly turned into two pieces anyway... :D

61-63. People refer to them as the unibody truck. Haven’t heard of breaking in two prices but they did twist enough to jam the doors shut and warp body panels. Rust was also an issue later on. Still. Really cool truck.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've been happy with nissan products for decades. got a new frontier crew cab with the 400z engine. it runs like a scalded dog. got it in august and i'm close to having a total of 700 miles on it LOL but i really like it. last big US truck i had was a GMC gentleman jim, had a 454 in it, it also ran like a scalded dog, couldn't haul much but would get you there at warp speed

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
61-63. People refer to them as the unibody truck. Haven’t heard of breaking in two prices but they did twist enough to jam the doors shut and warp body panels. Rust was also an issue later on. Still. Really cool truck.
I only remember seeing one specifically, and it was cracked across the bed rail & down the side 6-8 inches, just behind the cab where the cab/bed gap would normally be.

I was a kid, so it wasn't all that old at the time.
:drunk2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only remember seeing one specifically, and it was cracked across the bed rail & down the side 6-8 inches, just behind the cab where the cab/bed gap would normally be.

I was a kid, so it wasn't all that old at the time.
:drunk2:
That is the new aluminum bed f150 after a couple years as a work truck with a cross bed tool box.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been driving a "beer can" F150 since the summer of '16, no issues, no problems, aluminum is used a lot already in most vehicles for weight savings. Again, something everyone has to consider when you purchase, 'does this fit my use case?".

Latest posts

Top Bottom